TONIGHT ON 1490am and WMRCDAILYNEWS.COM
B.C. High (15-5) @ FRANKLIN (17-3) 7:00PM
Central Games have been Postponed due to weather
WMRC's game last night was the Girls of Hopkinton taking down Walpole 46-30, It was a defensive game up until the 4th quarter in which Lindsey Doucette went off dropping 12 4th quarter points, 17 throughout the game in The Hopkinton Girls South Division 2 victory. Hopkinton advances to play the winner of tonights Medfield-Hingham game.
Another local south division 2 girls game last night the Holliston Girls were eliminated by Notre Dame losing 54-43.
Today in Girls South Division 3 Coyle & Cassidy are hosting Medway in Girls South Division 3 tournament play. Tomorrow at 7pm in Girls South Division 1 play 14 and 6 Newton North is at 18 and 2 Franklin. In Girls Central Division 1 Play Holy Name hosts Milford Saturday at 6pm after Milford defeated Tantasqua on Tuesday to advance 55-48. In Girls Central Division 2 play, Auburn took out Nipmuc earlier this week with a 62-50 victory, Auburn advances to play St. Bernards. In Central Division 3 girls tournament play Hopedale will play Parker Charter on Saturday at 7pm, winner advaces to the semi finals at Clark University and right above Hopedale in the Bracket is Blackstone Valley Tech who advanced awaits the winner of Bromfield and Nashoba tech who play Friday after yesterdays and todays central play delays due to snow.
In Central Division 1 Boys action Milford @ St. Johns moved to 7pm tomorrow, Friday due to snow and also tomorrow in Central Division 1 Marlboro takes on St. Peter Marian at Assumption College. The winners of both those games head to WPI. Nipmuc takes on Lunenburg in Lunenburg Saturday at 7pm in boys central division 2 play, after on Tuesday 14 seeded Nipmuc upset 3 seeded uxbridge in overtime 68-60. In Boys Central Division 3 Central play South Lancaster is at Hopedale, game is expected to be played although all other Central games scheduled for today have been postponed. Blackstone Valley Tech hosts North Brookfield Friday 7pm.
Results From High School Playoff Basketball Last Night
Millis eliminates Community Academy of Science and Health 67-46. Millis advances to Play at Holbrook Wednesday in South Division 4 bracket.
Fitchburg eliminates Tantasqua with a 75-64 victory and advances to play at Holy Name Thursday in Central Division 1 bracket.
Also in Central Division 1 Bracket Marlboro takes down North Middlesex 57-56 in overtime. Marlboro advances to play St. Peter Marian on Thursday at Assumption College.
In Central Division 3 Bracket Southbridge takes down West Boylston 55-54 and Southbridge advances to play at Worcester Tech.
In Boys Central Division 2 bracket 7 games Monday Night Nipmuc defeated Uxbridge 68-60 in over time. Nipmuc advances to play Lunenburg on Thursday, Lunenburg took down Narragansett 68-47.
10 Seed St. Bernards upset 7 seed Bartlett 84-75 and advances to play 15 seed Gardner who upset 2 seed Northbridge 61-52, 12 seed Grafton upset 5 seed Clinton 47-46 and Grafton will play 4 seed Groton-Dunstable who defeated 13 Seed Hudson 64-53, 9 Seed Oxford upset 8 Seed Auburn in Overtime 52-52 and Oxford advances to play 1 seed Quabbin on Thursday. 7 Games in Central Division 2 Boys 5 upsets.
In Girls south division 1, it will be Taunton @ Franklin Tomorrow Night as on Monday Taunton 17 seed upset Weymouth 60-56. On the other side of south division 1 bracket 15 seed West Roxbury gets shut down by 18 seed Whitman-Hanson 51-29 and 14 Seed Dartmourth takes down Plymouth South 49-37.
Tomorrow night we have Girls South Division 2 action as Walpole takes on Hopkinton Girls on WMRC, last night in South Division 2 18 Seed Hingham took down 15 seed Sandwich 69-56 and 17 seed Sharon took out 16 seed Silverlake 50-28.
Girls Central Division 3 action 16 seed Southbridge took down 17 seed Whitinsville Christian 58-51.
Tonight on wmrc first class radio and streaming online at wmrc daily news.com its girls basketball central division 1 action as 10 and 10 9 seeded Tantasqua are at 10 and 10 8 seed Milford. The winner of tonights game will be at 1 seeded Holy Name Friday Night at 7pm. The Lady Hawks are riding a 2 game winning streak, taking down Algonquin and St. Peter Marian in back to back games to clinch a playoff spot. Tantasqua last played on Feb 16th and got a 58-34 win to clinch a playoff spot. It’s High School Girls Playoff Basketball on WMRC First Class Radio and Streaming online at wmrcdailynews.com
Rivalry Rant By: Tom Nappi
On Saturday Feb 25th 2012
#2 Syracuse - 71 UCONN - 69
Going into the 2nd half Syracuse had a 43-29, U Conn outscored Cuse 40-28 in 2nd half.
:51 seconds left in the half Andre Drummond made a tip shot to tie up the game. Fab Melo put Syracuse ahead with :25 seconds left with a dunk and Cuse never looked back as they won the Big east title. Cuse 29-1 on the season, now last time these 2 teams met on Feb 11th it was Cuse running away with the game but usually when it's Syracuse playing Uconn you have an absolutely amazing basketball game.
Uconn and Syracuse Basketball is one of the most underrated great rivalries in Sports.
2010-11 season when these 2 teams met, they split Syracuse won 66-58 and then Uconn upset Cuse at Big East tournament 76-71 in overtime.
2009-10 season Syracuse beat Uconn 72-67
2008-09 season early February Uconn killed Cuse 63-49, and then 31 days later on March 11th 2009 the most epic game ever, I will never forget it Cuse gets the upset 127-117 victory in 6 over times.... i repeat 6 overtimes.
After the 6 overtime game this rivalry really started gaining its recognition as always a great basketball game but even in 2007 the closeness of the Syracuse-Uconn Rivalry was still in existence.
2007-2008 season Uconn beat Syracuse 63-61,
2006-2007 Uconn wins game 1 67-60 Cuse wins game 2 73-63, and Cuse gets game 3 78-65,
2005-2006 they met 3 times Cuse took game 1 88-80, and Cuse won game 2 73-50 but game 3 goes into overtime and Cuse takes it 86-84.
2004-2005 they met 3 times again with in a 35 day span. Uconn wins first 2, 74-66, 88-70 but Cuse wins the big east tournament game 67-63.
2003-2004 game 1 monday feb 2nd 2004 Uconn pounds Cuse 84-56, 35 days later March 7 2004 Cuse beats Uconn 67-56.
2002-2003 Uconn gets both games, that was the big Uconn championship year but still cuse keeps it close 75-61, 80-67.
2001-2002 they did not play each other, but you look at the 10 year span of games between Uconn and Syracuse and how they went back and forth and 1 day Cuse or Uconn could crush the other and then just 30 days later they could play a 6 overtime game or it could be a buzzer beater to win it.
And it came to me Saturday Night, it's rivalries like Syracuse and Uconn people love sports, Sports is one of the most unpredictable things in life and it's rivalries like Uconn and Syracuse that just make it amazing entertainment.
Screw the Oscar winning movies or the Grammy winning musicians, why would you want to watch them over Syracuse and Uconn and if your a fan of one of those teams your heart is in your throat every time one meets the other.
Top Rivalries in sports Sox-Yankees, Lakers-Celtics, Giants-Dodgers, Patriots-Jets, Bruins-Canadians, Packers-Bears and add Syracuse and Uconn to the list as one of the most unbelievable rivalries in sports, this is why people love sports and more-so college sports for games or match ups like Syracuse and Uconn. You think about it from a college perspective as well their is usually major turnover every year at big universities in basketball because Cuse and Uconn are 2 of the top teams for NBA players. That makes the fact they have been going back and forth the past 10 years even more amazing.
THIS WEEK ON SPORTS BLAST WE DISCUSS IS SYRACUSE AND UCONN GREATEST RIVALRY IN SPORTS EVER!!!
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Comment on our blog page : masportsweb.wordpress.com
or call us Tuesday Night starting at 10pm 508-422-7550
Check Out Our Friends at WMRC (1490am) Milford, MA,
They are your source in the Milford area for Local News, Sports and much more!
If You are looking for an excellent Sports Show You can check out the "Sports Buzz" online and on air Every Saturday 10am-Noon/est. If you are looking for local news "Day Break" has you covered on WMRC Every Weekday Morning 6-9/am EST Also Check Out the WMRC Media Center to replay all there live shows!
WMRC HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL PLAYOFF SCHEDULE
Available 1490am Milford and WMRC Media Center
Tuesday February 28th 2012 (Girls Basketball) 7:00pm
Tantasqua (10-10) @ Milford High School (10-10)
Wednesday February 29th 2012 (Girls Basketball) 7:00pm
Walpole (14-6) @ Hopkinton (15-5)
Thursday March 1st 2012 (Boys Basketball) 7:00pm
Milford (15-5) @ St. John's (16-4)
Sunday March 3rd 2012 (Boys Basketball) 3:00pm
(Only if Milford Wins Thursday)
Holy Name, Fitchburg or Tantasqua VS Milford
@ Worcester Polytechnic Institute
MORE GAMES WILL BE LISTED SOON!
Brought to you in part by
Medway Nutrition on 116 Main Street. 5% off any purchase if you tell them you heard it right here on MA Sports Web! Also free protein or pre-workout drink samples with any purchase! Click to check out their website!
The New England Intensity is celebrating it's 10th anniversary this season, has been to the playoffs 4 consecutive years (5 of the last 6) and was the National Champion runner-up last season (Eastern Conference Champion in the IWFL--Independent Women's Football League). The Intensity is excited as they are loaded with one of the best rosters and staffs they have ever had! The 2012 Season will feature some great Football and is expected too feature a nice run by the Intensity.
The Massachusetts Sports and Entertainment Network will feature broadcasts of some New England Intensity home games and also keep you updated on how the Intensity fares throughout the season. The New England Intensity play their home games at Medway High School located on 88 Summer Street in Medway,MA at the High School.
Looking to watch some good Football this Spring, Tickets are Cheap! Details are here
2012 New England Intensity
Schedule and Results
Saturday, April 7th, 2012 . . . vs Montreal Blitz
Saturday, April 14th, 2012 . . . vs Connecticut Wreckers
Saturday, April 21st, 2012 . . . BYE
Saturday, April 28th, 2012 . . . vs New Hampshire Freedom
Saturday, May 5th, 2012 . . . BYE
Saturday, May 12th, 2012 . . . at New Hampshire Freedom
Saturday, May 19th, 2012 . . . at Northeastern Nitro
Saturday, May 26th, 2012 . . . BYE
Saturday, June 2nd, 2012 . . . at Southern Maine Rebels
Saturday, June 9th, 2012 . . . at Montreal Blitz
Saturday, June 16th, 2012 . . . vs Southern Maine Rebels
Conference Semi-Finals . . . June 30th, 2012 . . . Time/Venue TBD
Conference Finals . . . July 14th, 2012 . . . Time/Venue TBD
Championship Game . . . July 28th, 2012 . . . at Round Rock, Texas
On Monday and Tuesday Medway High School hosted its annual Presidents-Day high school basketball tournament. 4 Playoff Contenders were featured in the tournament.
Day 1 Monday Feb 20th:
Whitinsville-Christian - 71 Cardinal Spellman - 54
Medway High School - 56 Franklin High School - 67
Day 2 Tuesday Feb 21st:
Medway - 45 Cardinal Spellman - 69
Franklin - 65 Whitinsville Christian - 49
4) Medway High School (10-10)
3) Cardinal Spellman (17-5)
2) Whitinsville Christian (13-5)
1) Franklin Panthers (16-4)
Other Scores from Monday Feb 20th.
Girls High School Basketball
Blackstone Valley-Tech - 57 Norfolk-Aggie - 29
Hopkinton - 61 Duxbury - 43
North Attleboro - 50 Milford - 42
Blackstone Valley Tech - 71 Tri-County - 48
By: Tom Nappi
Knuckleballer Tim Wakefield retired Friday February 17th 2012 and should be remembered forever as one of the greatest and most loyal Red Sox of all time. Wakefield was an outstanding pitcher throughout his Red Sox career and for the most part always came through with an impressive performance when called upon as a starter, reliever, set up guy or closer. He Started off his career with the Pittsburgh Pirates in 1992, but was acquired by the Boston Red Sox in 1995, which he debuted with a 16-8 record and a 2.95 E.R.A.
Tim Wakefield was one of the rarest pitchers in the league surviving primarily with his knuckleball, his most noted failure was the Yankess Aaron Boone home run given up by Wakefield in 2003 to give the Yankees the ALCS victory, but Wakefield would avenge that fault by being huge in the 2004 and 2007 playoffs, which gave him the chance to end his career with 2 Red Sox World Series rings. What Tim Wakefield did in the Majors was truly unique and he showed a style of pitching that is unlike mostly any other in which you don't need speed but you need accuracy and movement, and gave hope to up and coming knuckleballers around the world. Watching Wakefield pitch throughout my life was truly a great experience and I will always remember him as one of the greatest Boston Red Sox of all time.
Tim Wakefield finishes his career with a record of 200 Wins and 180 Losses with a 4.41 E.R.A., 2156 Strike Outs and only a .254 batting average for opposing batters. Tim enjoy retired life with your family and friends and I hope you are back very soon for an honorary pre-game ceremony, preferably for another World Series or maybe we will see you sometime soon take a coaching role!
TUESDAY FEB 14th 2012 at 10pm Special Edition of Sports Blast!
- Floyd Meaweather questions the fame of Jeremy Lin. Floyd Tweeted
"Jeremy Lin is a good player but all the hype is because he's Asian. Black players do what he does every night and don't get the same praise,"
Tonight We discuss this on the Sports Blast
13 and 5 Milford High School matches up with 14 and 5 Wachusett High School Tuesday Night! Action can be heard on www.wmrcdailynews.com or 1490 am in the Milford, MA Area. Tom Nappi has the call! We will have the recap of this game and more H.S. B-Ball action on the Sports Blast!
Bruins take on the first place New York Rangers, are the Rangers a legit threat for the Bruins quest for a Stanley Cup Repeat?
Rangers are 36-13-5 on the season with 77 points, 7 points ahead of the 2nd place Bruins who are 34-17-2, 70 points.
The Boston Celtics take on the 8-21 Detroit Pistons wednesday night. The Celtics are 15 and 12 on the season 2nd place in the Atlantic Division. Celtics are 7-3 in their last 10.
Boston College claimed their 3rd straight Beanpot Championship as they take down the Boston University in overtime last night 3-2
Read More Here: http://news.bostonherald.com
All This and More on a Special Valentines Day Tuesday Night Sports Blast
How about some good news for Boston sports fans!
Paul Pierce has passed Larry Bird to become the 2nd all time scorer in Boston Celtics history. Pierce buried a 3 from the right wing in the 3rd quarter with 10:23 left to go passing Bird who scored 21,791 points during his Celtic career. Pierce finished the game putting up 15 points and moving his Celtics career total to 21,797 points. Pierce is 28th on the NBA's all time scoring list just behind Gary Payton with 21,813 points. In order for Pierce to be the number one scorer of all time with the Celtics he will have to pass John Havlicek who has 26,395 with the Celtics.
Boston also won their fifth straight tonight beating the Charlotte Bobcats 94-84.
By: Craig D'Alessandro
|Tom Brady’s legacy is still intact, even after Super Bowl|
By: Tom Nappi
Below is 10 simple reasons the Patriots lost, listed in order of importance, with 1 being the most important.
10) Lack of Experience in the Big Game - With nearly half the team being un-drafted or walk ons I am sure that the inexperience in any kind of playoff situation for most of the Patriots had an affect on this game.
9) Rob Gronkowski's ankle was clearly a factor - he had 1 reception for 20 yards all game and was unable to break away from defenders or get the usual height on his jumps. Although if you watch the video on Boston's Barstool Sports of Gronk raging or partying after the game to rap group LMFAO, you may question his ankle injury.
8) The Non-Ability to Create Turn Overs - 3 fumbles by the Giants and the defense was unable to come up with the key turnover they usually do. With a lack of a secondary and a questionable linebacking crew, the Patriots usually need turnovers to win and were unable to take advantage of any in this game.
7) Lack of a Deep Threat - The Patriots usually throw short passes and utilize a lot of short slants and in routes, the lack of a deep threat was a factor in this game as the front 7 for the Giants got to Brady, while the Giants questionable secondary was never really put to the test.
6) No Pressure from the Defensive Line - Vince Wilfork was double teamed for much of the game, apparently the Giants watched the video of the Patriots-Ravens game and no one else from the defensive line stepped up to get any kind of pressure on Eli. The Giants murdered the Patriots in the battle of the trenches, on both sides of the ball.
5) Tom Brady Struggles - I don't put a lot of blame on Brady for this one, but he did make a few questionable passes including the interception to Blackburn in the 4th quarter. A lot of Brady's struggles however resulted because the offensive line got crushed by the Giants D-Line.
4) Offensive Line Struggles - The Offensive line failed to protect Brady and he was constantly pressured. 2 sacks for the Giants and Brady was constantly throwing under pressure.
3) Coaching over thought themselves - Why didn't Patriots stay in the hurry up offense? Both hurry up offensive drives resulted in touchdowns, at the end of the first half and the beginning of the 3rd quarter. The coaches over thought themselves by switching out of the hurry up which worked!
2) Wide Receiver Drops - The last drive drops by especially Welker, but also Hernandez and Branch crushed the Patriots and gave them another 3 and out. Tom Brady cannot throw and catch as Gisele told a bunch of Giants d-bag fans bothering her after the game, she was 100% right. Step up your game boys!
1) Defense Could Not Get Off The Field - When it comes to defense, too many people are giving the defense credit for only giving up 19 points or 13 points if you disregard the last touchdown, but that is misleading, as just about every Super Bowl Champion has the ability to keep the opposing offense off the field for at least half of the game and make key stops, the Patriots pretty much had no key stops and the Giants offense was on the field 37 of the 60 minutes, giving Brady very limited time to pick up any kind of momentum and if you give up 396 yards to a high powered offense like the Giants. YOU ARE DEAD!
HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS TALK RETURNS THIS FEBRUARY
The Sports Buzz is on the road with the Patriots tailgate party at Hickey’s Liquors, go down and join the action as we prepare you for Super Bowl 46 in which the New England Patriots take on the New York Football Giants. Rob Gronkowski is listed as questionable for the Super Bowl but count on Gronk playing in the game of the year. Bill Belichick said there is no setbacks for the return of Gronkowski.
Peyton Manning was cleared by doctors to return to NFL action but there is no time table for his return.
The Boston Celtics beat the New York Knicks 91-89 at the Garden with a last minute 3 pointer from Paul Pierce, The Celtics are now 12 and 10 on the season. The Celtics meet up with the Memphis Grizzlies right here on WMRC first class radio at Noon Super Bowl Sunday, Game can be heard right here on WMRC First Class Radio.
In WMRC’s first class radio’s Friday Night High School Basketball game of the Week the Milford Scarlet Hawks took down the Leominster Blue Devils at home 54-36. Defense dominated up until the 4th quarter as it was 28-21 heading into the 4th quarter, but the Hawks would outscore the Blue Devils in the 4th Quarter 26-15, to get their 11th win of the year. Jan Fuentes was the player of the game dropping 14 points, 10 of which came into the 2nd half. Milford next plays against Worcester North this Sunday at 1pm, game will not be on WMRC due to Celtics basketball, but head down to Milford High School to get ready for Super Bowl by watching some great High School Basketball action.
Blackstone Valley Tech improved to 8 and 5 as they took down Bay Path in Colonial Athletic League action 65-58.
In other Midwatch A action Algonquin took down Fitchburg 47-44, Tri Valley League Boys Basketball Medfield took down Holliston 57-56, Medway beat Dover-Sherborn 67-62, Norton was all over Millis 64-37 and Hopkinton wiped out Bellingham 61-36. The Hillers are now 5 and 5 on the season.
In Girls action Blackstone Valley Tech wiped out Bay Path 37-14, Hopedale took care of Whitinsville Christian 48-31, The Hopedale lady Blue Raiders are now 12 and 3 on the season. In Mid-Wach A action Leominster wiped out Milford 62-46, The Hawks fall to 5 and 7 on the season.
In Tri Valley League Girls Basketball Ashland took care of Westwood 54-31, Millis over Norton 39-35, Medway over Dover-Sherborn 66-32, The Mustangs are 9 and 6 and 1 win away from a ticket to the post season. Hopkinton Lady Hillers took care of the Blackhawks of Bellingham 63-33, The Lady Hillers are 8 and 5 on the season. Medfield over Holliston 54-32.
Great High School Hockey action today at 1:50PM as Northbridge takes on Milford and at 6:30pm Bellingham meets up with Holliston and at 7:20pm Hopkinton takes on Dover-Sherborn.
Speaking of Great Hockey Action Today at 1:00PM The Pittsburgh Penguins take on the Boston Bruins, The Bruins are currently tied with the Philadelphia Flyers for 2nd place in the Eastern Conference with 66 points.
By: Tom Nappi
In my prediction Super Bowl 46 between the New England Patriots and New York Giants will come down to one defensive play, which team makes the extra stop or gets the key turn over. All we can do, to analyze any game is guess, because the future is unpredictable and if you look at this Super Bowl, this could arguably be the closest matchup for a Super Bowl ever, both of these teams are extremely even, both have highly affective offenses while on defense, both have a severe weakness in the secondary and a pretty strong front 7. Both of these teams are riding hot streaks, the Giants, I would argue are hotter right now due to the fact the teams they have beat as of late overall are much better quality opponents than the teams the Patriots beat, which is the key reason even though the Patriots are favored by 2.5 in Vegas, 65% of people are betting on the Giants.
I am going to break down this game with 5 things the Patriots must do offensively and 5 things defensively if they want to beat a tough Giants team, that has beat the Patriots the past 2 times they have played them. First off I never account for a past game that is more than 3 weeks old when it comes predicting time, because the setting, scenario and game plan is always evolving especially if you are coached by Bill Belichick or Tom Coughlin. Before I break it down big props to Belichick for moving Devin McCourty to safety, that move was genius, is it right to continue this in the Giants game, not sure as the Giants have extremely fast receivers on the outside in Nicks, Cruz and Manningham, you may need McCourty to cover one of them.
5 Offensive Keys To Beat The Giants
(1 is the most important)
5) Block with Gronk: Rob Gronkowski will likely not be 100% with a high ankle sprain, I am predicting about 60-70% with a week to heal and from my prior severe ankle sprains. Gronk will definitely play, I think you could cut off all of his limbs and he would still play and contribute. Gronk will either be heavily covered in this game or not 100% so use Gronk primarily as a blocker, it is almost just as big of a contribution than Gronk being used in the passing game, no matter what the case throw in Gronks direction at least a few times to draw defenders his way but i expect Gronk to be used primarily as a blocker.
4) Utilize the Law Firm: Benjarvus Green-Ellis is a running back that pretty much never runs for negative yardage, the Giants are hard hitting and the "Law Firm" can dish it right back so let the "Law Firm" do some bumps with the Giants D-Line and utilize your entire backfield in the passing game, throw some confusing plays in there, maybe have the Law Firm or Woodhead run a couple routes, this will really throw off the bag of crap, trash talking Giants secondary.
3) Pick on the G-Men Secondary: The Giants backfield is just as bad, if not worse than the Patriots, pass all over the secondary, put a number of guys out there for deep balls, yes even throw Ochocinqo in the game for a few snaps, he has been a non-factor all year but has the potential to be forgotten by the Giants secondary. Deion Branch, Matt Slater and Tiquan Underwood should also be utilized with Branch playing 75% of the snaps, you must throw deep to exploit the Giants questionable secondary.
2) Step it up O-Line: The Patriots O-Line must protect Brady, The Giants pass rush is going to be foaming at the mouth for the chance to take down or hit Brady, you cannot let Brady get hit too much because this will lead to Brady interceptions, Brady must be protected by this O-Line all game long, they cannot let the Giants relentless pass rush tire them out.
1) Do What You Do Best: Welker, Hernandez and Gronk as usual! Throw a couple tricks in the game plan but stick to your core, the real big 3 in Mass has led the Patriots to victory all year long, do not get too far away from using the 3 best athletes on your offense besides Brady in Gronk, Hernandez and Welker. Hernandez should also be used in the backfield, I loved that, he has speed, force, runs hard and it will take multiple defenders to bring him down, pound, pound, pound all game long. Tire the defense out!
5 Defensive Keys To Beat The Giants
(1 is the most important)
5) Keep Going Secondary - Coach Belichick work your magic, move guys around and do whatever you need to do too keep the backfield on the upward trend. The secondary has progressed every single game just about, so keep making the adjustments or moves you make to keep the secondary on the upward trend, do not fear pulling the trigger on any move that may work because it could always be adjusted if it doesn't work.
4) Double 2, Single 1 - You are most likely going to have to double on Nicks and Cruz just because their athletic ability and speed is ridiculous, keep an eye on those 2 but you will need to go 1 on 1 with someone and the best receiver to go 1 on 1 is Manningham, but keep in mind you will need a speedster like McCourty or Arrington to do this, because Mario can run!
3) Do what you do against the run - The run defense has been the high point of many lows for the Patriots, so do not let Ahmad Bradshaw or Brandon Jacobs run all over you, do what you normally do too stop the run and do not over concentrate on the pass because Coughlin loves to run.
2) Let Eli Throw - Eli can throw the deep ball but he is still not the most accurate Quarterback, I am expecting the Patriots to give up scores and yards but if you force Eli to throw, he will give you the opportunity to come up with an interception or 2 and ultimately I feel this is the kind of game that is going to come down to a turnover. But make sure you have his targets covered or they will burn you, make Eli throw a few stupid passes because he will if you have his targets covered.
1) Vince Wilfork must be like Bruce Willis in "Die Hard" - Be relentless, get bloody, hit hard and take your enemy down and play out of your mind like you did against the Ravens. Vince single handedly could have won the AFC Championship for the Pats, let Vince run over the GIants O-Line and be like a monster truck crushing cars. Let him be like Denzel Washington in "Man on Fire" and all his other movies and whoop everyones butt! Vince and the others on the D-Line must control the G-Men offensive front and of course it never hurts to give Eli a few wacks!
FROM ALL OF US HERE AT MA SPORTS WEB.COM GO PATRIOTS KICK THE GIANTS BUTT AND BRING HOME THE TROPHY!!!!