LaRon Landry and Colts agree to 4 year deal
MSEN's Tom Nappi say's, Patriots lowballing Welker and signing
Amendola is a disgraceful move
Tom Brady reportedly outraged by Welker departure
Patriots sign Amendola 5 years/31 million
Broncos sign Welker 2 years/12 million
Cardinals and Mendenhall agree to 1 year deal
Lions and RB Reggie Bush agree to 4 year deal
NFL 2013 PLAYOFF SCORES AND SCHEDULES
Houston - 19 Cincinnati - 13
Green Bay - 24 Minnesota - 10
Baltimore - 24 Indianapolis - 9
Seattle - 24 Washington - 14
Baltimore @ Denver Saturday Jan 12th @ 4:30pm
Green Bay @ San Francisco Saturday Jan 12th @ 8:00pm
Seattle @ Atlanta Sunday Jan 13th @ 1:00pm
Houston @ New England Sunday Jan 13th @ 4:30pm
SUPER BOWL XLVII
Who will win the 2013 Super Bowl, teams in order of least to most likely
12) Minnesota Vikings (10-6) - Adrian Peterson otherwise known as 99% of the Vikings offense had a legendary year and the Vikings have much improved since last year but A.P. and a so-so defense will not be enough to bring the Lombardi Trophy to Viking land.
11) Indianapolis Colts (11-5) - The Colts have come a long way since last year and Andrew Luck certainly has brought a bright light to Indy since the Peyton Manning days. The Colts will continue to get better but there's too much inconsistency in their offense and their defense is questionable and with a road that involves the Ravens and perhaps Patriots in the 2nd round, it will be very tough for the Colts to come out on top.
10) Cincinnati Bengals (10-6) - The Bengals proved to be a force in the AFC and if they can get by the Houston Texans anything is possible but a meeting with the Broncos or Patriots in the next round will prove too much to handle for the Bengals.
9) Baltimore Ravens (10-6) - I ranked the Ravens a little higher than I would have if Ray Lewis did not announce his retirement after this season, I think the announcement of Ray hanging up the cleats will provide some momentum for the Ravens to potentially have a special year in the post season but their is still way too much inconsistency with the Ravens offense.
8) Seattle Seahawks (11-5) - The Seahawks showed they can win on the road, they're a legitimate contender and they can compete with the best, but I would give it 1 or 2 more years before you see Seattle in a Super Bowl.
7) Houston Texans (12-4) - The Texans were the best all around team in the AFC for the better part of the season but only beat 2 teams above .500 and showed they struggle against the elite as they played themselves out of a bye week in the last few games of the season.
6) Washington Redskins (10-6) - The Redskins ended the season on a 7 game winning streak. RG3 has taken control of the Skins offense and the Redskins are scary because they have a great defense and now with RG3 they have the offense they need to compete with the best.
5) Atlanta Falcons (13-3) - The Falcons struggled in their last 5 games going 3-2 and have been 1 and done the last few seasons in the playoffs but since they have a much improved defense if Matt Ryan can get the Falcons offense going the Falcons can compete with the best.
4) S.F. 49ers (12-4) - The 49ers are a solid all around team but showed they are beatable as they went 3 and 2 in their last 5 and did not have the hardest schedule this season, it is still a question as to if Colin Kaepernick can keep up with a high powered offense on a consistent basis.
3) Green Bay Packers (11-5) - After a rough start to the season, Aaron Rodgers did what he normally does and the Packers were firing on all cylinders for a better part of the season. They have arguably the best offense in the playoffs but their shaky defense could end up being a downfall.
2) Denver Broncos (13-3) - Peyton Manning returned and did what he does best all season long. Manning showed he is still the same elite Q.B. he has been his entire career and has helped the Broncos become the best team record wise in the AFC.
1) New England Patriots (12-4) - Even though I am a Patriots fan, I have not favored them usually to win the Super Bowl but with Gronk back healthy and the fact the Patriots defense has played better on a weekly basis, I give Brady a great shot to bring home his 4th ring.
Wild Card Weekend
Houston Defeats Cincinnati 23-20
Green Bay Defeats Minnesota 33-27
Baltimore Defeats Indianapolis 24-21
Washington Defeats Seattle 27-24
Denver Defeats Baltimore 31-24
Atlanta Defeats Washington 27-24
New England Defeats Houston 34-27
Green Bay Defeats S.F. 31-28
New England Defeats Denver 34-31
Green Bay Defeats Atlanta 30-21
New England Defeats Green Bay 37-34
Here is the Week 4 Power Rankings Based on the way Week 3 of the NFL Season Went (#) represents Last Week Ranking
32) (32) Cleveland Browns (0-3)
31) (27) New Orleans Saints (0-3) - A tough loss to Panthers, next week they have the Packers...Ouch
30) (23) Miami Dolphins (1-2)
29) (30) Jacksonville Jaguars (1-2)
28) (18) Washington Redskins (1-2) - After a loss to the Rams the Skins are in trouble.
27) (25) St. Louis Rams (1-2)
26) (28) Kansas City Chiefs (1-2)
25) (29) Oakland Raiders (1-2)
24) (31) Tennessee Titans (1-2)
23) (21) Indianapolis Colts (1-2)
22) (26) Minnesota Vikings (2-1) - A shocking win over 49ers but I smell fluke
21) (22) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-2)
20) (19) Carolina Panthers (1-2)
19) (24) Seattle Seahawks (2-1) - The refs gave the Seahawks the win against the Packers but their defense looks nasty.
18) (20) Buffalo Bills (2-1)
17) (15) Detroit Lions (1-2)
16) (14) Cincinnati Bengals (2-1)
15) (17) Dallas Cowboys (2-1)
14) (16) Chicago Bears (2-1)
13) (13) New York Jets (2-1)
12) (12) Arizona Cardinals (3-0) - I am starting to think the Cardinals are for real, their defense looks real good!
11) (6) Philadelphia Eagles (2-1) - You beat the Ravens then get destroyed by the Cardinals, that does not represent a playoff contender.
10) (8) Pittsburgh Steelers (1-2) - WIth the Ravens in your division, the Steelers can't afford to lose to teams such as the Raiders.
9) (11) S.D. Chargers (2-1) - The Chargers have a legit chance to win the AFC west because the Broncos defense is awful.
8) (10) Denver Broncos (1-2) - I moved the Broncos up this week because Peyton Manning showed for sure that he is back to himself nearly 100%.
7 (9) New England Patriots (1-2) - The Patriots defense was awful against the Ravens but the awful replacement refs pretty much handed Baltimore the game. Tom Brady showed he can still work his magic.
6) (7) Baltimore Ravens (2-1) - The Ravens got lucky the refs made the majority of awful calls against the Patriots.
5) (5) New York Giants (2-1) - 2 straight wins for the Giants and they seem to be back to their normal selves after a nice defensive effort and destroying the Panthers.
4) (3) Green Bay Packers (1-2) - The Packers got screwed by the refs against the Seahawks but they will rebound.
3) (1) S.F. 49ers (2-1) - I cannot explain what happened against the Vikings but hopefully it doesn't happen too much or the 49ers will be in trouble with the Cardinals being a factor this year.
2) (4) Atlanta Falcons (3-0) - The Falcons are dangerous this year and have given Matt Ryan the best all around team he has ever had.
1 (2) Houston Texans (3-0) - The Texans are the best all around team in the NFL and are the most hard hitting, athletic teams I have seen.
98.5 The Sports Hub's Damon Amendolara was a special guest on the Sports Blast hear, D.A. talk some sports with us Thursday Night 8pm/et and next Wednesday (March 21st) at 7pm/et
The Big Ticket Kevin Garnett still has it, hits a clutch field goal with 5 seconds left, Boston Celtics over the Golden State Warriors 105-103
The Celtics have offered Paul Pierce to the Blazers, according to a report from ESPN. It is unclear who Boston sought in return.
Celtics and Kings have had conversations about forward J.J. Hickson
Celtics Forward Chris Wilcox out for the season due to Cardiac Condition
NFL FREE AGENT TRACKER
116 Main Street
Your Source for Good Nutrition!
Jaguars signed QB Chad Henne to a two-year contract.
Jaguars signed WR Laurent Robinson, formerly of the Cowboys, to a five-year, $32.5 million contract.
Chiefs agreed to terms with RB Peyton Hillis.
Comment from Facebook fan Jimmy: I don't understand this. They have Jamaal Charles coming back this year...
Craig: well, it makes sense a little, Cornell's the HC they have Brian Daboll as the OC, who saw Hillis's breakout year so we'll have to see.
The Patriots will 'likely" make an effort to bring back Jabar Gaffney if the Redskins cut him
Patriots signed DE Jonathan Fanene to a three-year contract. The deal includes a $3.85 million signing bonus. Signing Fanene was reportedly the Patriots "first priority" after missing out on Red Bryant, and he'll likely be the team's starting left end in 2012
Patriots re-signed LB Niko Koutouvides to a one-year contract.
Two "unknown" teams are in on free agent BenJarvus Green-Ellis, and that the Patriots remain hopeful of re-signing him.
Brian Hoyer will explore his options around the league, trying to find a suitor who could make him a starter.
Patriots expect to re-sign Matt Slater
Eagles could soon agree to a long-term contract extension with LeSean McCoy.
Eagles re-signed franchise player DeSean Jackson to a five-year, $51 million contract.
Eagles agreed to terms with RE Trent Cole on a four-year contract extension worth a maximum of $53 million with $15 million guaranteed.
Broncos and Titans favorites to land free agent Peyton Manning.
It's looking "less and less likely" that the Colts will trade DE Dwight Freeney.
Colts signed WR Reggie Wayne to a three-year contract.
Cowboys signed QB Kyle Orton, formerly of the Chiefs, to a three-year contract.
Cowboys signed CB Brandon Carr to a five-year, $50.1 million contract
Vikings sign TE John Carlson to a 5 year, $25 Million dollar Deal
Detroit Lions signed WR Calvin Johnson to a 7 year $132 million dollar deal, $60 Million guaranteed essentially making Megatron a Lion for Life!
Rams agreed to terms with CB Cortland Finnegan on a five-year, $50 million contract, including $26.5 million in guarantees.
Free agent Mario Williams visiting Bills, they have a ton of money and run a 4-3 scheme, can easily sign him
Redskins agreed to terms with WR Pierre Garcon, Redskins also close to deal with WR Eddie Royal and have signed WR Josh Morgan
Free agent Vincent Jackson to the Bucs is done deal
THE 49ers have just signed RANDY MOSS to a 1 YEAR DEAL
Bears acquired WR Brandon Marshall from the Dolphins in exchange for two third-round draft picks.
By: Tom Nappi
Well if you read my article, I was wrong about just about everything once again proving why the NFL is the best league on earth and the playoffs are the most fascinating.
Here is what I said in my last article that was completely False because I am willing to admit my faults:
I ranked Denver 12th in the playoff rankings last week and said this: "Tim Tebow has been revealed for what he truly is, an average Running Back at the Q.B. position, there is no way I can see the Broncos beating the Steelers in the 1st Round therefore they are ranked last."
Clearly that statement was False as Tim Tebow threw for 316 yards and had 2 touchdowns including a 80 yard game winning TD pass in the opening seconds of over time too Demaryius Thomas.
I ranked Houston 11th in the playoff rankings and said this: "The Texans have a good shot to upset the Bengals in the first round but after that, not to much of a chance at anything with T.J. Yates as their starting QB because Schaub is down, but look out next year."
I gave the Texans the benefit of the doubt against the Bengals but T.J. Yates is better than I thought and the Texans defense gives them a legitimate shot to beat the Ravens next Sunday if Flacco plays bad.
To Sum up from last week, if you want to see what else I said read the damn article it's 4 down from this one but I was half right about the Giants but I did say "They are too much of a shaky team to beat good opponents" This is kind of false, the Giants have a shot to beat the Packers next week, especially if Eli plays like he did against the Falcons and Jason Pierre-Paul is his usual self, I am picking Packers but upset alert is officially in affect on this one. The Bengals I was less than half right on but shame on me for crediting a team that is now 0 and 8 against opponents above .500, Bengals cannot beat good teams and will not be even close to a contender next year, this year was a fluke, they beat a bunch of tomato cans and made the playoffs. I think Andy Dalton will eventually be a good QB but the Bengals have a lot of show and tell to do next year in order to make me think differently.
Games This Week (My Picks are in Bold):
Sat 4:30pm New Orleans Saints @ S.F. 49ers
Sat 8:00pm Denver Broncos @ New England Patriots
Sun 1:00pm Houston Texans @ Baltimore Ravens
Sun 4:30pm New York Giants @ Green Bay Packers
Without further or do here is playoff week 2 Power Rankings of the Final 8, by the way do not take my advice into consideration while betting, there is a reason I do not bet anymore except on Super Bowl squares, I am damn good at those!!!
(#) - Last Week's ranking
8-(5) S.F. 49ers (13-3) - The 49ers have a shot to beat the Saints next week with there amazing defense, but with the way Drew Brees is playing and the Saints are playing overall, don't count on it, then again remember I am wrong a lot, but so is Peter King!!
7-(12) Denver Broncos (9-8) - The Broncos proved how wrong I could be, I know Mendenhall was out and Ben was not 100% but hey that's football and the Broncos won fair and square. Tim Tebow showed balls this game, pure brass balls as he threw 3-4 passes over 50 yards, 2 of them for touchdowns and showed he can do more than run and throw short slant routes. The dude can throw the long ball and with the Patriots past 2 years of one and done, Tim Tebow has a shot to beat them! I am picking Pats, but Tebow has a shot!
6-(11) Houston Texans (11-6) - The Texans proved that their defense is good enough to do it without Schaub. I also have a huge respect for T.J. Yates, the 3rd stringer looked pretty damn good against an average Bengals defense. If Flacco has a bad day Sunday and the Texans are able to produce a couple turnovers, do not count them out.
5-(8) New York Giants (10-7) - The Giants have the offense and the defense to upset the Packers and shock the world, they did it to the Patriots in 2007 and they have the skill set to upset the overall Super Bowl favorite this year as well. The Packers have been playing below average lately and with the way this season has gone, who knows what to expect in this matchup of 2 high powered offenses and 2 of the top 5 QB's this season. Yes I said it Eli is a top 5 QB, I know it sucks!
4-(4) Baltimore Ravens (12-4) - The Ravens have a shot to be upset by the Texans this week, I still pick Ravens to win, but Yates is looking good stepping in for Schaub and the Texans defense is outstanding. Big credit goes to Wade Phillips, expect him to be a head coach somewhere once again next season.
3-(2) New Orleans Saints (14-3) - The Saints are playing outstanding and completely trashed the Lions last week, the reason I move them below the Patriots is because I feel the 49ers have a better shot to beat the Saints than the Broncos do to beat the Patriots, it's that simple but I am picking Saints over 49ers this week.
2-(3) New England Patriots (13-3) - Patriots if you let me down against the Broncos and go one and done against this team, you are a disgrace. Losing to Giants, Ravens and Jets back to back to back in the playoffs is forgivable if you end Tebowmania, if you don't I am just about done with you.
1-(1) Green Bay Packers (15-1) - I had a hard time ranking the Packers number 1 this week with the upset bound Giants coming to town, but until someone beats Aaron Rodgers besides a fluky Kyle Orton and the Chiefs in a pointless game, they stay here and are still my Super Bowl favorites this year!
Comment on this article and have your comment posted to the site:
ITS THAT TIME OF YEAR! Down to 12 teams and we are ready for Wild Card Weekend Next week with a great slate of NFL games. BTW what a last week of the season, every game but 3 games meant something! With that being said the games this week our listed below along with the 12 teams ranked 12 to 1, 1 being the team with the best chance to bring home the Vince Lombardi Trophy!
Sat Jan 7th 4:30pm/et
Cincinnati Bengals @ Houston Texans
Sat Jan 7th 8:00pm/et
Detroit Lions @ New Orleans Saints
Sun Jan 8th 1:00pm/et
Atlanta Falcons @ New York Giants
Sun Jan 8th 4:00pm/et
Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos
Byes: New England Patriots, Baltimore Ravens, S.F. 49ers, Green Bay Packers
POST SEASON POWER RANKINGS
12) Denver Broncos (8-8) - Tim Tebow has been revealed for what he truly is, an average Running Back at the Q.B. position, their is no way I can see the Broncos beating the Steelers in the 1st Round therefore they are ranked last.
11) Houston Texans (10-6) - The Texans have a good shot to upset the Bengals in the first round but after that, not to much of a chance at anything with T.J. Yates as their starting QB because Schaub is down, but look out next year.
10) Detroit Lions (10-6) - If the Saints do not make the Lions one and done this week and they pull what they did last year against the Seahawks, I am going to start calling Drew Brees the Lebron of the NFL, this should be an easy Saints win, Stafford and the gang will keep it close, but don't expect much.
9) Cincinnati Bengals (9-7) - The Bengals have an interesting scenario, they have a Matt Schaubless Texans squad in the first round then could end up with a defenseless Patriots, the Bengals could upset their way to the AFC Championship, but if they make it to New England, I am picking Pats! A great season by the most surprising team of the year in the rookie QB led Bengals.
8) New York Giants (9-7) - I may even pick the Giants to beat the Falcons in the first round, but the Giants are way too much of a shaky team against good opponents to rank them any higher than this.
7) Atlanta Falcons (10-6) - The Falcons have had a questionable year, they started terrible and really turned things arounds especially once Julio Jones got back, beating the Giants will be no easy task however as I think this is an even matchup and both these teams match up well against each other on both sides of the ball.
6) Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4) - No one knows how healthy Big Ben actually is and Rashard Mendenhall may have a torn ACL, this could cost the Steelers dearly, I expect them to get past Denver, but to beat New England again this year with those offensive injuries would really take a lot of luck or New England sleeping defensively.
5) S.F. 49ers (13-3) - The 49ers have arguably the best defense in the league at this current time, but with an unreliable Alex Smith and a very good but stoppable Frank Gore, if they meet a team like the Saints or Giants next round, it could be upset city in San Francisco. Also one other relevant point to make look at the teams that have won Super Bowls the past few years, Packers, Saints, Steelers, Colts, all have great QB's, Alex Smith is not in that category.
4) Baltimore Ravens (12-4) - The success of the Ravens will completely bank on what kind of Joe Flacco plays, will it be the kind that throws countless interceptions and miss fires 50% of his passes or will he be sharp and hit his targets, defensively they are fine, but offensively they have many questions with Flacco as their Q.B.
3) New England Patriots (13-3) - The Patriots have the best offense in the A.F.C. and could have an easy road to the Super Bowl with the 1 seed and home field locked up and the fact they may play the Bengals in the first round, but if the Patriots struggle defensively like they have all season and they end up with the Steelers next week, an upset is very possible.
2) New Orleans Saints (13-3) - In my opinion, the Saints are the only team besides the Patriots that could keep up scoring wise with the Packers, Drew Brees has played outstanding this year and I will not rule the Saints out of a matchup with Green Bay in the NFC championship pending they don't lose to someone ridiculous as they did in the playoffs last year to the 8 and 8 Seahawks.
1) Green Bay Packers (15-1) - Matt Flynn threw 6 touchdowns last week and the Green Bay Packer B Squad beat the Detroit Lions who were playing for a higher seed, I can't wait to see what the A Squad does in the playoffs, repeat more than likely in Cheesehead City!
There you have it folks, these will change next week, enjoy the NFL and read Craig's article below this one on what the Red Sox need to do as we are only 2 months or so away from Spring Training!
Comment on this article and have your comment posted to the site: