Here is the Week 15 Power Rankings Based on the way Week 14 of the NFL Season Went
32) Kansas City Chiefs (2-12)
31) Jacksonville Jaguars (2-12)
30) Detroit Lions (4-10)
29) Oakland Raiders (4-10)
28) Tennessee Titans (4-9)
27) Buffalo Bills (5-9)
26) Cleveland Browns (5-9)
25) Arizona Cardinals (5-9)
24) San Diego Chargers (5-9)
23) Philadelphia Eagles (4-10)
22) Carolina Panthers (5-9)
21) Miami Dolphins (6-8)
20) St. Louis Rams (6-7)
19) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (6-8)
18) New York Jets (6-7)
17) New Orleans Saints (6-8)
16) Chicago Bears (8-6)
15) Pittsburgh Steelers (7-7) - Big Ben is back and the defense slowly getting healthier, they still have a tall task on their hands trying to make the playoffs with the Ravens and Bengals playing solid football.
14) Dallas Cowboys (8-6) - Tony Romo and America's team are starting to get red hot and will more than likely end up in the playoffs.
13) Minnesota Vikings (8-6) - The Vikings are for real and Adrian Peterson has been off the charts.
12) New York Giants (8-6) - The Giants are having some end of the season struggles but if they're anything like last year they will turn it on come playoff time.
11) Washington Redskins (8-6) - RG3 is filthy and the Redskins will be a force to be reckoned with.
10) Cincinnati Bengals (8-6) - The Bengals have a shot to win the AFC North and have a pretty good all around team.
9) Indianapolis Colts (9-5) - Look out for the Colts, Andrew Luck became a seasoned veteran in his first year in the league
8) Baltimore Ravens (9-5) - The Ravens defense is slowly getting healthier and should be close to full force come playoff time.
7) Seattle Seahawks (9-5) - The Seahawks have put up 108 points in the past 2 weeks and their defense continues to get better and better.
6) Green Bay Packers (10-4) - Aaron Rodgers is once again lighting up the scoreboard and the Packers defense is getting healthier. Look out for the Packers, they can beat anyone!
5) Houston Texans (12-2) - Despite having the best record in the AFC and playing good all around football, the Texans have played a pretty weak schedule, we will see what they're made of come playoff time.
4) New England Patriots (10-4) - The Patriots offense is filthy and they seem like they can put up points on anyone, coming back down 31-3 against the 49ers was absolutely amazing despite the loss. Pats will be in the Super Bowl hunt.
3) Atlanta Falcons (12-2) - The Falcons went through a bit of a slump in the middle weeks of the season but Matt Ryan has been white hott the last few weeks and the Falcons have dominated teams in must win games.
2) S.F. 49ers (10-3) - The 49ers are a terrific all around team and they certainly could be a Super candidate and proved they could keep up with high powered offense, but I am still not 100% convinced they can constantly keep up with a high powered offense and that is what they will see quite a bit in the upcoming weeks.
1) Denver Broncos (11-3) - The Broncos are on a 9 game winning streak and are playing extraordinary on both sides of the ball. Right now the Broncos look like the best team in Football!
Here is the Week 11 Power Rankings Based on the way Week 10 of the NFL Season Went
32) Jacksonville Jaguars (1-8)
31) Kansas City Chiefs (1-8)
30) Cleveland Browns (2-7)
29) Carolina Panthers (2-7)
28) Oakland Raiders (3-6)
27) St. Louis Rams (3-5)
26) Buffalo Bills (3-6)
25) New York Jets (3-6)
24) Tennessee Titans (4-6)
23) Washington Redskins (3-6)
22) Philadelphia Eagles (3-6)
21) Arizona Cardinals (4-5)
20) Cincinnati Bengals (4-5)
19) Miami Dolphins (4-5)
18) Detroit Lions (4-5)
17) San Diego Chargers (4-5)
16) Dallas Cowboys (4-5)
15) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-4)
14) New Orleans Saints (4-5)
13) Minnesota Vikings (6-4)
12) Seattle Seahawks (6-4)
11) Indianapolis Colts (6-3)
10) Pittsburgh Steelers (6-3) - Not definite yet but Big Ben could be out for the season which could mark the end of Steelers playoff run chances.
9) New York Giants (6-4) - The Giants have been on and off all season but remember they were 9-7 last season and won the Super Bowl.
8) Denver Broncos (6-3) - The Broncos are on fire as they have won their last 4 and with Peyton Manning anything is possible for the Mile High.
7) Baltimore Ravens (7-2) - The Ravens defense is depleted but they are still finding ways to win and will be a threat in the AFC.
6) New England Patriots (6-3) - The Defense continues to struggle giving up over 400 yards to the Buffalo Bills but the offense continues to flourish and look strong
5) Green Bay Packers (6-3) - The Packers like the Patriots are very much an offensive team but they are on a 4 game winning streak even with missing 2 of their best receivers in Greg Jennings and Jordy Nelson.
4) San Francisco 49ers (6-2) - The 49ers are one of the most well rounded teams in the NFL but the question is will they have enough offensive power to go to the next level.
3) Chicago Bears (7-2) - The Bears have shown their defense has drastically improved but Jay Cutler has not proved that the offense can fare well against a strong defense with last weeks loss to the Texans, another negative is Cutler suffered a concussion during the game.
2) Atlanta Falcons (8-1) - Despite losing to the Saints, the Falcons are still the best all around team in Football and should have no problem getting the number 1 seed in the NFC.
1) Houston Texans (8-1) - The Texans showed with the win against the Bears they can win the low scoring defensive games as well as the high scoring games and are the best all around team in the AFC. The Texans have the best point differential in the league as they have scored 250 and only given up 143 points.
Here is the Week 9 Power Rankings Based on the way Week 8 of the NFL Season Went
32) Kansas City Chiefs (1-6)
31) Jacksonville Jaguars (1-6)
30) Carolina Panthers (1-6)
29) Cleveland Browns (2-6)
28) St. Louis Rams (3-5)
27) Arizona Cardinals (4-4)
26) New York Jets (3-5)
25) Seattle Seahawks (4-4)
24) Washington Redskins (3-5)
23) Tennessee Titans (3-5)
22) Oakland Raiders (3-4)
21) Buffalo Bills (3-4)
20) Miami Dolphins (4-3)
19) New Orleans Saints (2-5)
18) Tampa Bay Bucs (3-4)
17) Cincinnati Bengals (3-4)
16) Philadelphia Eagles (3-4)
15) Dallas Cowboys (3-4)
14) Detroit Lions (3-4)
13) S.D. Chargers (3-4)
12) Indianapolis Colts (4-3)
11) Minnesota Vikings (5-3)
10) Pittsburgh Steelers (4-3)
9) Baltimore Ravens (5-2) - The Ravens have a very depleted defense with season ending injuries to Ray Lewis, Lardarius Webb and also a few other key pieces of their defense are banged up.
8) Denver Broncos (4-3) - The Broncos started off rough but with Peyton Manning back to vintage and the defense playing well, look out for the horses.
7) New England Patriots (5-3) - Great win against the Rams, but defense still needs to show they can stop a good Q.B.
6) Green Bay Packers (5-3) - After 3 straight wins, the Packers are right back in the mix with the best of the NFC.
5) Chicago Bears (6-1) - The Bears have played nicely on both sides of the ball in their 5 game winning streak and Brandon Marshall has been a terrific weapon for Jay Cutler, however they must prove they can beat the elite still.
4) S.F. 49ers (6-2) - The 49ers defense is terrific and they are far better than anyone in the NFC west and should be a threat to make the Super Bowl this year with a good all around team.
3) New York Giants (6-2) - You can never count out the Giants, they went 9 and 7 last year and won the Super Bowl, they continue to play terrific football and have a great all around team.
2) Houston Texans (6-1) - The Texans are by far the best all around team in the AFC they showed that crushing the Ravens 41-13. They are in a weak conference and should only be challenged by the Patriots, Ravens and Steelers for a Super Bowl Appearance.
1) Atlanta Falcons (7-0) - The Falcons are the best all around team in the league and Matt Ryan is on fire, but the big question with the Falcons is, can they win a playoff game or is Matt Ryan going to remain a choke.
Here is the Week 6 Power Rankings Based on the way Week 5 of the NFL Season Went and Thursday Night Football between the Rams and Cardinals (#) represents Last Week Ranking
32 (32) Cleveland Browns (0-5)
31 (30) Tennessee Titans (1-4)
30 (29) Kansas City Chiefs (1-4)
29 (28) Jacksonville Jaguars (1-4)
28 (26) Oakland Raiders (1-3)
27 (24) Carolina Panthers (1-4)
26 (23) Tampa Bay Bucs (1-3)
25 (18) Detroit Lions (1-3)
24 (27) New Orleans Saints (1-4)
23 (16) Washington Redskins (2-3)
22 (22) Buffalo Bills (2-3)
21 (31) Miami Dolphins (2-3)
20 (15) Dallas Cowboys (2-2)
19 (25) Indianapolis Colts (2-2) - If they beat the Packers, they deserve to move up, what a job by Andrew Luck!
18 (14) New York Jets (2-3) - Sanchez makes bad decisions which costs the Jets games! Put in Tebow, the defense is still pretty good though!
17 (13) Cincinnati Bengals - They don't stand a chance in the AFC North Unless they pull off the Big Wins!
16 (21) Seattle Seahawks (3-2)
15 (19) Arizona Cardinals (4-1)
14 (20) St. Louis Rams (3-2)
13 (6) Green Bay Packers (2-3) - Packers are in big trouble, they better start winning as they have one of the toughest schedules in the league and have blown 2 of what should have been automatic wins.
12 (17) Minnesota Vikings (4-1) - Look out for the Vikings they may be for real.
11 (9) Denver Broncos (2-3) - One of the toughest schedules in the league but still have a great shot at the playoffs in a weak AFC West
10 (8) S.D. Chargers (3-2) - A great young team and has a great shot at the weak AFC West.
9 (12) Chicago Bears (4-1)
8 (10) Philadelphia Eagles (3-2)
7 (7) New York Giants (3-2)
6 (11) Pittsburgh Steelers (2-2)
5 (5) New England Patriots (3-2) - A nice win against the Broncos but bad coaching decisions such as going for it up 17 on 4th and 5 and giving Manning the ball at your own 45 could catch up with the Patriots. They did prove their defense got better and Brady is still good as ever and most importantly they can win tough games.
4 (4) S.F. 49ers (4-1)
3 (3) Baltimore Ravens (3-1)
2 (2) Atlanta Falcons (5-0)
1 (1) Houston Texans (5-0)
Here is the Week 5 Power Rankings Based on the way Week 4 of the NFL Season Went and Thursday Night Football between the Rams and Cardinals (#) represents Last Week Ranking
32) (32) Cleveland Browns (0-4)
31) (30) Miami Dolphins (1-3)
30) (24) Tennessee Titans (1-3)
29) (26) Kansas City Chiefs (1-3)
28) (29) Jacksonville Jaguars (1-3)
27) (31) New Orleans Saints (0-4) - They hung with the Packers they get credit for that and let's face it I am not buying the Saints are that bad. The Saints do have one of the toughest schedules in the league!
26) (25) Oakland Raiders (1-3)
25) (26) Indianapolis Colts (1-2)
24) (20) Carolina Panthers (1-3)
23) (21) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-3)
22) (18) Buffalo Bills (2-2)
21) (19) Seattle Seahawks (2-2)
20) (27) St. Louis Rams (3-2)
19) (12) Arizona Cardinals (4-1) - OVERRATED
18) (17) Detroit Lions (1-3) - They Will be Fine
17) (22) Minnesota Vikings (3-1) - Starting to think they might be for real
16) (28) Washington Redskins (2-2) - RG3 Is nasty
15) (15) Dallas Cowboys (2-2) - Romo Sucks!
14) (13) New York Jets (2-2) - Awful Shape
13) (16) Cincinnati Bengals (3-1) - They are for real!
12) (14) Chicago Bears (3-1) - The Defense is Nasty
11) (10) Pittsburgh Steelers (1-2) - They Will be Fine
10) (11) Philadelphia Eagles (3-1) - Vick will be hurt soon
9) (8) Denver Broncos (2-2) - A very tough Schedule!
8) (9) S.D. Chargers (3-1) - Young and Tough!
7) (5) N.Y. Giants (2-2) - See you in the playoffs.
6) (4) Green Bay Packers (2-2) - Same As Above
5) (7) N.E. Patriots (2-2) - 52 points, 32 in 4th quarter Brady is back!
4) (3) S.F. 49ers (3-1) - They are sketchy
3) (6) Baltimore Ravens (3-1) - Flacco might actually be better.
2) (2) Atlanta Falcons (4-0) - Super Bowl Bound
1) (1) Houston Texans (4-0) - Best All Around Team in NFL
Here is the Week 4 Power Rankings Based on the way Week 3 of the NFL Season Went (#) represents Last Week Ranking
32) (32) Cleveland Browns (0-3)
31) (27) New Orleans Saints (0-3) - A tough loss to Panthers, next week they have the Packers...Ouch
30) (23) Miami Dolphins (1-2)
29) (30) Jacksonville Jaguars (1-2)
28) (18) Washington Redskins (1-2) - After a loss to the Rams the Skins are in trouble.
27) (25) St. Louis Rams (1-2)
26) (28) Kansas City Chiefs (1-2)
25) (29) Oakland Raiders (1-2)
24) (31) Tennessee Titans (1-2)
23) (21) Indianapolis Colts (1-2)
22) (26) Minnesota Vikings (2-1) - A shocking win over 49ers but I smell fluke
21) (22) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-2)
20) (19) Carolina Panthers (1-2)
19) (24) Seattle Seahawks (2-1) - The refs gave the Seahawks the win against the Packers but their defense looks nasty.
18) (20) Buffalo Bills (2-1)
17) (15) Detroit Lions (1-2)
16) (14) Cincinnati Bengals (2-1)
15) (17) Dallas Cowboys (2-1)
14) (16) Chicago Bears (2-1)
13) (13) New York Jets (2-1)
12) (12) Arizona Cardinals (3-0) - I am starting to think the Cardinals are for real, their defense looks real good!
11) (6) Philadelphia Eagles (2-1) - You beat the Ravens then get destroyed by the Cardinals, that does not represent a playoff contender.
10) (8) Pittsburgh Steelers (1-2) - WIth the Ravens in your division, the Steelers can't afford to lose to teams such as the Raiders.
9) (11) S.D. Chargers (2-1) - The Chargers have a legit chance to win the AFC west because the Broncos defense is awful.
8) (10) Denver Broncos (1-2) - I moved the Broncos up this week because Peyton Manning showed for sure that he is back to himself nearly 100%.
7 (9) New England Patriots (1-2) - The Patriots defense was awful against the Ravens but the awful replacement refs pretty much handed Baltimore the game. Tom Brady showed he can still work his magic.
6) (7) Baltimore Ravens (2-1) - The Ravens got lucky the refs made the majority of awful calls against the Patriots.
5) (5) New York Giants (2-1) - 2 straight wins for the Giants and they seem to be back to their normal selves after a nice defensive effort and destroying the Panthers.
4) (3) Green Bay Packers (1-2) - The Packers got screwed by the refs against the Seahawks but they will rebound.
3) (1) S.F. 49ers (2-1) - I cannot explain what happened against the Vikings but hopefully it doesn't happen too much or the 49ers will be in trouble with the Cardinals being a factor this year.
2) (4) Atlanta Falcons (3-0) - The Falcons are dangerous this year and have given Matt Ryan the best all around team he has ever had.
1 (2) Houston Texans (3-0) - The Texans are the best all around team in the NFL and are the most hard hitting, athletic teams I have seen.
Here is the Week 3 Power Rankings Based on the way Week 2 of the NFL Season Went (#) represents Last Week Ranking
32) (31) Cleveland Browns (0-2)
31) (24) Tennessee Titans (0-2)
30) (30) Jacksonville Jaguars (0-2)
29) (22) Oakland Raiders (0-2)
28) (26) Kansas City Chiefs (0-2)
27) (15) New Orleans Saints (0-2)
26) (27) Minnesota Vikings (1-1)
25) (23) St. Louis Rams (1-1)
24) (29) Seattle Seahawks (1-1)
23) (32) Miami Dolphins (1-1)
22) (18) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-1)
21) (21) Indianapolis Colts (1-1)
20) (25) Buffalo Bills (1-1)
19) (19) Carolina Panthers (1-1)
18) (14) Washington Redskins (1-1)
17) (11) Dallas Cowboys (1-1)
16) (9) Chicago Bears (1-1)
15) (13) Detroit Lions (1-1)
14) (20) Cincinnati Bengals (1-1)
13) (16) New York Jets (1-1)
12) (28) Arizona Cardinals (2-0) - Hey they beat the Pats they deserve credit in my book plus the Cards defense looked filthy.
11) (12) S.D. Chargers (2-0) - They beat the Bengals and the Titans, when they beat a good team they will move up more but so far so good for the young Chargers.
10) (6) Denver Broncos (1-1) - A tough loss to the Falcons, Manning threw 3 interceptions in the 1st half but in the 2nd half looked like his old self and almost made a comeback. The Broncos defense is a bit rough however at times.
9) (1) New England Patriots (1-1) - The Pats offensive line looked terrible and as a result Brady struggled, the Patriots will get killed by any good defense if their offensive line continues to look this bad.
8 (8) Pittsburgh Steelers (1-1) - A nice solid win against the Jets this week, the Steelers certainly will be one of the top teams in the AFC.
7 (7) Baltimore Ravens (1-1) - A tough loss to the Eagles but the Ravens should overcome it with their strong defense.
6 (17) Philadelphia Eagles (2-0) - The Eagles got both of their wins by 1 point but a W is a W and the win against the Ravens was impressive.
5 (4) New York Giants - (1-1) - The Giants offense looked dominate against the Bucs but the defense still has many questions as they have given up above 50 points the past 2 games.
4 (10) Atlanta Falcons (2-0) - 2 solid wins against Kansas City and Denver, Matt Ryan is starting to show that he will be able to utilize the Falcons weapons this year and cold lead the birds to a deep run if he keeps it up. The Falcons look like one of the best all around teams in the league right now.
3 (5) Green Bay Packers (1-1) - The Packers dominated the Bears on both sides of the ball in week 2 and showed that the tough loss in week 1 to the 49ers could have just been working out some early season glitches.
2 (3) Houston Texans (2-0) - Although the Texans have only beaten the Jaguars and the Dolphins up to this point they have absolutely dominated in both games and they seem to be the best all around team in the AFC.
1 (2) S.F. 49ers (2-0) - They beat the Packers and Lions in hard hitting gritty games, right now there is no better team in football than the 49ers.
Here is the Week 2 Power Rankings Based on the way Week 1 of the NFL Season Went (#) represents Last Week Ranking
32 (31) Miami Dolphins (0-1) - Even worse than I thought, they might win 1 or 2 at most.
31 (32) Cleveland Browns (0-1) - Gave the Eagles a tough run, the defense looks pretty good for Cleveland but they have nothing offensively.
30 (30) Jacksonville Jaguars (0-1) - If you can't beat the Vikings good luck beating almost anyone.
29 (27) Seattle Seahawks (0-1) - Seattle could not keep up with an Arizona team with no offense...ick, perhaps they should have kept T.O.
28 (29) Arizona Cardinals (1-0) - They beat the Seahawks, still a lot to prove in Arizona.
27 (28) Minnesota Vikings (1-0) - They had a nice win against the Jags, but then again it was the Jags.
26 (26) Kansas City Chiefs (0-1) - The Chiefs defense looked awful against the Falcons but perhaps some promising signs on the offense.
25 (15) Buffalo Bills (0-1) The Bills drop 10 spots this week because their defense looked miserable against a scrappy Jets offense.
24 (22) Tennessee Titans (0-1) - The Titans looked miserable against the Patriots on both sides of the ball, it will be interesting to see what adjustments they make as next week comes.
23 (24) St. Louis Rams (0-1) - The Rams gave the Lions a run and played well on both sides of the ball perhaps a sign of good things to come for St. Louis.
22 (23) Oakland Raiders (0-1) The Raiders kept it close with the Chargers, but what continues to hurt the Chargers is the lack of discipline on their defense and it has cost the Raiders countless yards.
21 (20) Indianapolis Colts (0-1) - The Colts played the Bears in week 1 so I will give them a break and who expects the 1st game for a new quarterback to go well. Luck will get better, give it time.
20 (18) Cincinnati Bengals (0-1) The Bengals defense was completely garbage against the Ravens and got tired out and blown out.
19 (16) Carolina Panthers (0-1) - Panthers fans should be a bit concerned after a loss to the Bucs, especially with Cam Newton in his sophomore season, there is just something about sophomore starters.
18 (25) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-0) - After a nice win against Carolina perhaps Josh Freeman and the Bucs are back on track, there defense looked solid.
17 (11) Philadelphia Eagles (1-0) - The Eagles had a tough go at it with the Browns and even with so much talent on offense they struggled, if Vick goes down which always has a 50-50 shot the Eagles could be in big trouble.
16 (19) New York Jets (1-0) - The Jets crushed the Bills and dominated an awful defense and looked good but will have to get some W's against better defense to prove there not the same team that fell apart last season
15 (13) New Orleans Saints (0-1) - RG3 completely owned the Saints defense and Drew Brees will need a defense if New Orleans plans to win anything
14 (21) Washington Redskins (1-0) - RG3 could perhaps be better than anyone expected he was a powerhouse against the Saints throwing 19 for 26, 320 Yards and 2 touchdowns, the Redskins running game also looks like it could be a factor this year.
13 (8) Detroit Lions (1-0) - The Lions offense looked solid against the Rams, but the defense brings up big questions for Detroit, a little too close for comfort against the Rams this week.
12 (12) S.D. Chargers (1-0) - The Chargers had a nice game against the Raiders and the brand new running game looked good while Rivers looked solid, so the Chargers should be a threat all season long, but a lot of new faces for a deep playoff run.
11 (17) Dallas Cowboys (1-0) - The Cowboys got a great division win against the Giants Wednesday Night but early in the season the Cowboys have always been good, let's see if they can keep it up.
10 (10) Atlanta Falcons (1-0) - The Falcons crushed the Chiefs and the offense was terrific but let's face it, it was the Chiefs they beat. Show me more!
9 (9) Chicago Bears (1-0) - The Bears offense looked great against the Colts, and the O-Line appears to have gotten better but they must beat a better defense to move up.
8 (5) Pittsburgh Steelers (0-1) - The Broncos gave the Steelers a beat down and Peyton got the best of the Pittsburgh defense. The big questions for Pittsburgh is can their aging defense still keep up with the elite Qb's.
7 (7) Baltimore Ravens (1-0) - The Ravens looked good against the Bengals and Flacco was throwing bullets, we will see if they can keep it up but Flacco looks as if he may have improved with the passing game.
6 (14) Denver Broncos (1-0) - Peyton looked like vintage Peyton Manning on the field against the Steelers and if the Denver defense can play as strong as they did Sunday, Denver can beat anyone.
5 (4) Green Bay Packers (0-1) - The Packers defense still looked to have some kinks against Alex Smith and the 49ers but playing perhaps the toughest defense in the league in week 1 is always tough.
4 (1) New York Giants (0-1) - The Giants move down this week as they lost week 1 against the Cowboys, The Giants should be okay but Dallas seemed to have a solid formula to shut down Eli Manning.
3 (3) Houston Texans (1-0) - The Texans crushed Miami, but it was Miami. I am looking forward to seeing the Texans against a better offense. They did look terrific on both sides of the ball however.
2 (6) S.F. 49ers (1-0) - If you can put up 40 against the Packers and beat them in week 1 that makes you the current best in the NFC in my book. Alex Smith seems to have improved and Randy Moss appears that he will be a threat for the 49ers this year.
1 (2) New England Patriots (1-0) - I know they played a Titans team with a new Quarterback but the Patriots looked solid on both sides of the ball and if Brady has a good defense this year look out!
The NFL is back and based on last season, training camp and all the roster moves here is this seasons power rankings!
32) Cleveland Browns - The Browns have an extremely loyal fan base but they will continue to be terrible for years to come sorry Cleveland.
31) Miami Dolphins - They have no Quarterback, Wide Receivers or Running backs and on top of that they have no defense and pretty much no team. The Dolphins will sink fast.
30) Jacksonville Jaguars - Maurice Jones Drew is all they have and he does not even want to be there.
29) Arizona Cardinals - The Cardinals will likely start John Skelton and will not have to many wins with a slim offense and a very shaky defense.
28) Minnesota Vikings - The Vikings will need Adrian Peterson to be a monster this season as Joe Webb and Toby Gerhart are their Qb's. They do have hope but it is very little hope in a tough NFC North.
27) Seattle Seahawks - The Seahawks are in the weakest division in the NFL so who knows maybe they will get a playoff run if the 49ers somehow fall apart. Matt Flynn should give the Seahawks a decent QB.
26) Kansas City Chiefs - Matt Cassel has shown the past couple years to not quite be what the Chiefs hoped, expect Brady Quinn or Alex Tanney to give Cassel a run for his job if the Chiefs season starts out rough.
25) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Josh Freeman had a rough year last year but a very good first year, so the Bucs season will really rely on how Freeman plays in his 3rd year.
24) St. Louis Rams - The Rams could be a surprise this year if Sam Bradford and Steven Jackson can step it up, last year Bradford threw a ridiculous amount of interceptions and like Freeman had a bad Sophomore year after a terrific first season.
23) Oakland Raiders - You never know what you are going to get out of the Raiders, they usually start off strong but fall apart because of disciplinary problems on their defense. Last year McFadden faced numerous injuries and the Raiders never were able to overcome it. If Carson Palmer is able to go back to his prime they could have a solid season and be competitive but don't expect a playoff birth anytime soon in Oakland.
22) Tennessee Titans - The Titans will likely end up starting Jake Locker over Hasselbeck to bring in the youth as they know Hasselbeck's time is limited as a legit starter. The Titans season will depend on if Chris Johnson can be more consistent with the running game and if Kenny Britt can stay out of jail or off the IR.
21) Washington Redskins - The Skins actually have hope this year and finally may have a QB as Robert Griffen III is set to start and with Pierre Garcon on the receiving core and a strong defense, the Skins may be a competitive team this year but don't expect a playoff birth as they are in the same division as Philly, Dallas and the Giants but within the next couple years look out for the Redskins they have a big pay role and are starting to put together a pretty solid team.
20) Indianapolis Colts - The Colts will be a wait and see team this year but should give the Texans a run for the division as Andrew Luck looks to be a solid QB that makes smart decisions. I don't think it will take Luck long to run the Colts offense and within the next couple years the Colts should be back to a competitive team within the AFC.
19) New York Jets - I may be ranking them too high here considering they went 8 and 8 last year and looked terrible in preseason but Rex Ryan knows how to run a defense so perhaps the Jets will be competitive and maybe Tim Tebow will play a role in their running game cough cough I mean as a QB and help the Jets but don't count on a playoff birth for the Jets.
18) Cincinnati Bengals - The Bengals did a terrific job last year getting a playoff birth under QB Andy Dalton and should be competitive this year as they have a solid running game and a pretty good defense but the fact they are in the same division as Baltimore and Pittsburgh does not help their cause.
17) Dallas Cowboys - I have lost faith that Romo can be clutch, I just don't see it happening lookout for another collapse by America's Team.
16) Carolina Panthers - Thats right Panthers at the half way mark of my rankings and it's for one reason CAM NEWTON! Look out NFC!
15) Buffalo Bills - I have high hopes for the Bills this year and they should be in the run for a wild card. If Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Bills offense can do what they did last year in the first half all season long they will be good. This year the Bills also added some defensive pieces such as Mario Williams that should help their defense quickly go from terrible to pretty good.
14) Denver Broncos - Peyton Manning will be the key this season for the Broncos. The big question is will Peyton be what he used to be or a shadow of his old self. The defense is not to strong in Denver and the receiving core is decent at best so it will certainly be interesting to see what Peyton can do.
13) New Orleans Saints - Despite being without head coach Sean Payton and a number of players such as Jonathan Vilma due to Bounty Gate, they will be a good team and a threat to win the NFC South because they have Drew Brees and he can run any offense.
12) San Diego Chargers - The Chargers performed well below expectations last year, I can't imagine they will be an 8 and 8 team this year but this year they have Peyton Manning in their division.
11) Philadelphia Eagles - The Eagles have a terrific all around team but the so called "Dream Team" was plagued by injuries last year and with Vick already getting shook up once in the preseason don't count on the Eagles being a Super Bowl contender.
10) Atlanta Falcons - The Falcons have a great shot at making the playoffs and even winning the NFC South but the question is can Matt Ryan get past the first round and unfortunately I have to say the B.C. Alum will not because he is a choke in the playoffs. Prove me wrong Matt I am rooting for you!
9) Chicago Bears - I have a feeling the Bears are going to be awesome this year because Jay Cutler finally has a solid offensive line and the Bears defense should be great this year if they can stay healthy.
8) Detroit Lions - The big question with Lions this year as it has been for the past couple seasons is can Matt Stafford stay healthy. The Lions have an improved defense and could be a very competitive team if Stafford can stay healthy. Another big concern for the Lions is Jahvid Best, he will most likely be out the first 6 games of the season so it will depend if the running game will be okay without him and it is certainly a big question mark.
7) Baltimore Ravens - The Ravens will be a playoff contender and have a solid season but their defense is another year older and they are still starting Joe Flacco. Ray Rice and the defense will be key for the Ravens.
6) San Francisco 49ers - The 49ers were the 2nd best team in the NFC last year and with their hard hitting incredible defense that could be the case this year. The edition of Randy Moss could also help out Alex Smith, it should be a very interesting season in 49er land.
5) Pittsburgh Steelers - The Steelers after this season will have serious contract issues as they did in this preseason but since they got their biggest receiving threat in Mike Wallace back, Big Ben and the Steelers should once again be a tough team to beat.
4) Green Bay Packers - The Packers had a terrific draft upgrading their defense and should be a very solid team all around, with Aaron Rodgers having the majority of his receiving core back look out for the Packers.
3) Houston Texans - Last year the Texans fell in the playoffs because of a season ending injury to Matt Schaub but with everyone back healthy the Texans should once again be one of the best all around teams in the NFL.
2) New England Patriots - The Patriots had a terrific draft and upgraded their defense significantly. They also added Brandon Lloyd to Brady's arsenal of receiving weapons so the Patriots should once again take the AFC East and make a deep post season run despite being the youngest Patriots team ever under Belichick.
1) New York Giants - Despite going 9 and 7 last season, the Giants won the Super Bowl, you must dethrone the champs to take the number one spot on my NFL Power Rankings.
Read More for Craig's Power Rankings
By: Tom Nappi
Here is the grades I give the teams eliminated from Super Bowl contention and why!
We are down to the final 8 in the playoffs, 22 teams are on vacation and this article is to show how they did this season overall. I will rank the other 8 teams as the playoffs proceed, obviously you can't rank the others until they win or go home.
A+ = Awesome,
A = Pretty Awesome,
A- = Sweet Season,
B+ = Not too shabby,
B = Not half bad,
B- = Pretty Good,
C+ = Future looks bright,
C = ehhh ok,
C- = Needs improvement,
D+ = Need a lot of improvement,
D = Disappointment,
D- = Just about a failure,
F= Failure and completely awful
New York Giants - They made it to the Super Bowl Win or Lose = A+
Philadelphia Eagles (8-8) - They spend massive amounts of money on defense such as the most notable signing CB Namdi Asomugha. They have Vick at QB, who was beat up and terrible most of the year, McCoy at Rb and Maclin and DeSean Jackson at WR. The Eagles were my Super Bowl favorite heading into the year and failed miserably finishing the season .500. No excuse for missing the playoffs.
GRADE - F
Dallas Cowboys (8-8) - Any year the Cowboys finish .500 with the talent they have on both sides of the ball is a failure, especially since they lost the last game of the season to the Giants to miss the playoffs.
GRADE - F
Washington Redskins (5-11) - They started off the year nice but finished as just about everyone expected, no surprises here. However they have spent way too much money for constant failure.
GRADE - D-
Green Bay Packers (16-2) - Packers were the overall favorite this year after winning 15 straight, but were shocked by the Chiefs in week 16, then they were beat by the Giants who have a habit of upsetting the elite. The Packers should have beat the Giants with home field advantage and should be a Super Bowl contender but there is always next year. BTW I told you Giants would win this game, DON'T FORGET WHERE YOU HEARD IT FIRST, however any time you have the roster Packers have, a shortened post season is a big negative! Packers must improve their defense.
Grade - B+
Detroit Lions (10-7) - The Lions made the playoffs but clearly did not have the defense to contain unbelievably good offenses such as the Saints and at times struggled offensively. They certainly fu-filled expectations this year and should be a good team for years to come with the amount of young talent on the roster, next year they will have to play more disciplined.
Grade = B
Chicago Bears (8-8) - Cutler went down, a once good season went to hell as Caleb Hanie sucked. Next year I am sure the Bears will look into a back up. The defense was solid and the play of the O-Line was much improved but they finished 8 and 8.
Grade = C-
Minnesota Vikings (3-13) - Donovan McNabb = Fail. The Vikings were o.k. when McNabb was not playing but had a very rough season finishing 3 and 13.
Grade = F
New Orleans Saints (14-4) - Another tough playoff loss for the Saints as Alex Smith shocked the world beating Drew Brees in an offensive bout 36-32. The Saints had the talent to go a lot further than they did this year but simply could not take the next step for the 2nd year in a row. Good season by the Saints, but the big easy only has a limited number of years left with Brees being an elite QB, so they must win soon. Saints must step up the defense next year!
Grade - B
Atlanta Falcons (10-7) - 3rd year in a row the Falcons were one and done in the playoffs, they were a Super Bowl favorite to start the season in the NFC with the addition of Julio Jones but ended up in the end as the Falcons typically do, losers!
Grade = D-
Carolina Panthers (6-10) - The expectations were not so high in Carolina and there was no reason for them to be but Cam Newton took the Panthers on his back to 6 wins, and the Panthers were competitive in nearly every game. The Panthers will get better and better as they surround Newton with weapons.
Grade = B+
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-12) - Bucs were expected to be a competitor for a wild card spot after they had a nice season last year but instead they were a competitor for the number 1 draft pick, Freeman fell into his sophomore slump and 2011 was a disaster for the Bucs.
Grade = F
S.F. 49ers - Excellent season by a team that unexpectadly made the playoffs, I still am shocked Jim Harbaugh was able to get a 49ers team that went 4-12 last year into the NFC Championship, turn around of the year!
Grade - A+
Arizona Cardinals (8-8) - Kevin Kolb surprisingly failed, while John Skelton looked good, Cardinals were not expected to do much this year but in a what used to be weak before Jim Hardbaugh came to the 49ers. Cards have a lot of talent and should be a little better next year
Grade = C-
Seattle Seahawks (7-9) - I did not expect much more than what the Seahawks brought to the table, a couple impressive upset and competitive in most games, this is a team that should get better however as they looked good at the end of the season.
Grade = C-
St. Louis Rams (2-14) - What the hell happened to Sam Bradford and the Rams as a whole? After being competitive last year and showing signs of Rams on the rise, you would expect much better than 2 wins!
Grade = F
New England Patriots - They made it to the Super Bowl with a questionable defense, Win or Lose = A+
New York Jets (8-8) - This is the grade I could not wait to give, Rex Ryan talks, talks, talks but he could not even get the Jets into the post season this year. Oh yeah and Sanchez has not improved what so ever and could be the main hold back for the Jets, besides their cocky attitudes and bad team chemistry.
Grade = F
Miami Dolphins (6-10) - Did not really expect much, overall the Dolphins downgraded their roster this year. They did get better as the season went on however and should continue to get more competitive as long as they make some upgrades.
Grade = C-
Buffalo Bills (6-10) - Bills start off really good and even beat the Patriots once, Fitzpatrick signs a long term contract and they fall apart with injuries, Stevie Johnson antics on the field and their lack of talent showed in the end.
Grade = D
Baltimore Ravens - They made it to the AFC championship to lose by a field goal, great season by a 1960's looking team that plays ugly football but hey they win big games! However they had some losses to bad teams and it was coaching that cost them the game tying field goal, regardless of what the down clock said, they left a time out on the table so they get a slightly less than perfect grade.
Grade - A-
Pittsburgh Steelers (12-5) - Great season for the Steelers, but they lose to Tebow in the first round because of failure to change defensive scheme at anytime. Regardless of the injuries the Steelers had, you have to win against the Broncos as long as Big Ben can play.
Grade = D-
Cincinnati Bengals (9-7) - They beat 8 teams with below .500 records this year but their schedule is not their fault, they shockingly made the playoffs and although they lost to the Texans in the first round for the Bengals to make the playoffs with their roster and the loss of Carson Palmer is quite impressive.
Grade = A
Cleveland Browns (4-12) - Peyton Hillis showed to be a whiny baby uncompetitive loser this year and the whole Browns season pretty much evolved around the failure of Hillis. The Browns have a lack of talent, especially offensively and you should not expect much for years to come.
Grade = D-
Houston Texans (11-7) - Matt Schaub goes down midseason, 2nd string Matt Linehart goes down but yet T.J. Yates the 3rd string QB steps in and they are able to win the division, the first round of the playoffs and give the Ravens a challenge, that is an overall successful year under the circumstances. When Schaub returns next year look out! Great job with the defense Wade Phillips (wish the Pats had him as their defensive coordinator!)
Grade - A
Tennessee Titans (9-7) - Exceeded my hopes this year, being a competitive team and just barely missing the playoffs. Hasselbeck played pretty well and the Titans have some good momentum heading into next year.
Grade - A-
Jacksonville Jaguars (5-11) - I at least expected the Jags to be competitive and they simply were not at all, another terrible season for the Jags and I don't see the rain stopping anytime soon in Jag Town. This was the year with Peyton Manning out for the Jags to step up.
Grade - D-
Indianapolis Colts (2-14) - O.K. even with Peyton Manning out look at the Colts roster and tell me if they should have enough loses to get the 1st draft pick in 2012. Ridiculous season and the Colts need to wipe out the entire ownership group and whoever has anything to do with scouting and finding back up QB's. We watched an entire team fail this year because 1 guy was out, regardless of Manning being out the collapse of the Colts this year means the Colts were poorly assembled and are not well coached.
Grade - F
Denver Broncos (9-9) - Grade Pending, but the fact that Tebow beat the Steelers in the first round of the playoffs is unreal, so they will get an A. Year one goes to Felger, if you listen to the Sports Hub you will know what I am talking about. Tebow sucked against the Patriots but he single handedly turned the Broncos season around and got them past the Steelers, quite impressive but have no clue what to expect from Tebow next year, he must get better at passing, but year one goes to Tebow.
Grade - A
S.D. Chargers (8-8) - NORV TURNER SUCKS AND SO DOES PETER KING. Way to pick this A-hole team to win the Super Bowl, all the talent in the world and they cannot get over 8 wins, pitiful!
Grade - F
Oakland Raiders (8-8) - Raiders were competitive but uphold their reputation as the most undisciplined team in football. Also with Al Davis passing away who knows what the future of the Raiders is.
Grade - C-
Kansas City Cheifs (7-9) - Cassel went down, collapse insued, Romeo Crennel took over as head coach and restored life in Chief town, look out next year as Crennel is the permanent head coach. NICE MOVE BY THE CHIEFS!
Grade - C+
Comment on this article and have your comment posted to the site:
By: Tom Nappi
Well if you read my article, I was wrong about just about everything once again proving why the NFL is the best league on earth and the playoffs are the most fascinating.
Here is what I said in my last article that was completely False because I am willing to admit my faults:
I ranked Denver 12th in the playoff rankings last week and said this: "Tim Tebow has been revealed for what he truly is, an average Running Back at the Q.B. position, there is no way I can see the Broncos beating the Steelers in the 1st Round therefore they are ranked last."
Clearly that statement was False as Tim Tebow threw for 316 yards and had 2 touchdowns including a 80 yard game winning TD pass in the opening seconds of over time too Demaryius Thomas.
I ranked Houston 11th in the playoff rankings and said this: "The Texans have a good shot to upset the Bengals in the first round but after that, not to much of a chance at anything with T.J. Yates as their starting QB because Schaub is down, but look out next year."
I gave the Texans the benefit of the doubt against the Bengals but T.J. Yates is better than I thought and the Texans defense gives them a legitimate shot to beat the Ravens next Sunday if Flacco plays bad.
To Sum up from last week, if you want to see what else I said read the damn article it's 4 down from this one but I was half right about the Giants but I did say "They are too much of a shaky team to beat good opponents" This is kind of false, the Giants have a shot to beat the Packers next week, especially if Eli plays like he did against the Falcons and Jason Pierre-Paul is his usual self, I am picking Packers but upset alert is officially in affect on this one. The Bengals I was less than half right on but shame on me for crediting a team that is now 0 and 8 against opponents above .500, Bengals cannot beat good teams and will not be even close to a contender next year, this year was a fluke, they beat a bunch of tomato cans and made the playoffs. I think Andy Dalton will eventually be a good QB but the Bengals have a lot of show and tell to do next year in order to make me think differently.
Games This Week (My Picks are in Bold):
Sat 4:30pm New Orleans Saints @ S.F. 49ers
Sat 8:00pm Denver Broncos @ New England Patriots
Sun 1:00pm Houston Texans @ Baltimore Ravens
Sun 4:30pm New York Giants @ Green Bay Packers
Without further or do here is playoff week 2 Power Rankings of the Final 8, by the way do not take my advice into consideration while betting, there is a reason I do not bet anymore except on Super Bowl squares, I am damn good at those!!!
(#) - Last Week's ranking
8-(5) S.F. 49ers (13-3) - The 49ers have a shot to beat the Saints next week with there amazing defense, but with the way Drew Brees is playing and the Saints are playing overall, don't count on it, then again remember I am wrong a lot, but so is Peter King!!
7-(12) Denver Broncos (9-8) - The Broncos proved how wrong I could be, I know Mendenhall was out and Ben was not 100% but hey that's football and the Broncos won fair and square. Tim Tebow showed balls this game, pure brass balls as he threw 3-4 passes over 50 yards, 2 of them for touchdowns and showed he can do more than run and throw short slant routes. The dude can throw the long ball and with the Patriots past 2 years of one and done, Tim Tebow has a shot to beat them! I am picking Pats, but Tebow has a shot!
6-(11) Houston Texans (11-6) - The Texans proved that their defense is good enough to do it without Schaub. I also have a huge respect for T.J. Yates, the 3rd stringer looked pretty damn good against an average Bengals defense. If Flacco has a bad day Sunday and the Texans are able to produce a couple turnovers, do not count them out.
5-(8) New York Giants (10-7) - The Giants have the offense and the defense to upset the Packers and shock the world, they did it to the Patriots in 2007 and they have the skill set to upset the overall Super Bowl favorite this year as well. The Packers have been playing below average lately and with the way this season has gone, who knows what to expect in this matchup of 2 high powered offenses and 2 of the top 5 QB's this season. Yes I said it Eli is a top 5 QB, I know it sucks!
4-(4) Baltimore Ravens (12-4) - The Ravens have a shot to be upset by the Texans this week, I still pick Ravens to win, but Yates is looking good stepping in for Schaub and the Texans defense is outstanding. Big credit goes to Wade Phillips, expect him to be a head coach somewhere once again next season.
3-(2) New Orleans Saints (14-3) - The Saints are playing outstanding and completely trashed the Lions last week, the reason I move them below the Patriots is because I feel the 49ers have a better shot to beat the Saints than the Broncos do to beat the Patriots, it's that simple but I am picking Saints over 49ers this week.
2-(3) New England Patriots (13-3) - Patriots if you let me down against the Broncos and go one and done against this team, you are a disgrace. Losing to Giants, Ravens and Jets back to back to back in the playoffs is forgivable if you end Tebowmania, if you don't I am just about done with you.
1-(1) Green Bay Packers (15-1) - I had a hard time ranking the Packers number 1 this week with the upset bound Giants coming to town, but until someone beats Aaron Rodgers besides a fluky Kyle Orton and the Chiefs in a pointless game, they stay here and are still my Super Bowl favorites this year!
Comment on this article and have your comment posted to the site:
It is time for Final 4 action. I was pretty pumped I went 3 and 1 in picks last week, I don't think anyone saw the 49ers beating the Saints however and if you say otherwise you are lying. Now that Brady and Eli are the best Qb's left in the playoffs, the Pats have a great shot at the Super Bowl title, but do they have the best shot? Read below to find out.
4) S.F. 49ers - I am not counting out the 49ers against the Giants this week especially considering the way they played against the Saints last week. Alex Smith looked really good, the best he has ever looked (fact not opinion), but I am convinced the Saints are the NFC version of the Patriots, great offense, shaky at best defense. The 49ers have a chance to beat the G-Men but Eli is arguably playing better than anybody right now and the Giants offense looks unstoppable.
3) Baltimore Ravens - The Ravens defense is good in fact one of the best but they are substantially older and the way the Patriots offense is playing is ridiculous and they look unstoppable. I do not think the Ravens matchup well against the 3 headed monster in Gronk, Hernandez and Welker. Ravens have a legit shot to win the game if they get a couple of turn overs and if we find out the miraculous way the Pats defense played last week against the Broncos is a fluke, but I expect Pats to head to Indy.
2) New England Patriots - I hate to do it but I cannot say the Patriots or anyone else for that matter is playing hotter than the Giants right now. I do expect a Pats-Giants rematch in the Super Bowl although I may not pick that way on the Sports Blast because I need to come back in picks but if the Patriots even do half of what they did defensively against Flacco next week, hello Indianapolis!
1) New York Giants - They crush the Falcons and then the G-Men roll over everyones Super Bowl favorite Green Bay in extraordinary fashion shutting down Rodgers and all his weapons. Eli looks to be playing better than he ever has in his career and has a legit shot to surpass his brother Peyton in Super Bowl titles this year.
Patriots - 27 Baltimore - 17
Giants - 24 49ers - 17
Un-biased Super Bowl prediction
New York Giants - 37 New England Patriots - 30
ITS THAT TIME OF YEAR! Down to 12 teams and we are ready for Wild Card Weekend Next week with a great slate of NFL games. BTW what a last week of the season, every game but 3 games meant something! With that being said the games this week our listed below along with the 12 teams ranked 12 to 1, 1 being the team with the best chance to bring home the Vince Lombardi Trophy!
Sat Jan 7th 4:30pm/et
Cincinnati Bengals @ Houston Texans
Sat Jan 7th 8:00pm/et
Detroit Lions @ New Orleans Saints
Sun Jan 8th 1:00pm/et
Atlanta Falcons @ New York Giants
Sun Jan 8th 4:00pm/et
Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos
Byes: New England Patriots, Baltimore Ravens, S.F. 49ers, Green Bay Packers
POST SEASON POWER RANKINGS
12) Denver Broncos (8-8) - Tim Tebow has been revealed for what he truly is, an average Running Back at the Q.B. position, their is no way I can see the Broncos beating the Steelers in the 1st Round therefore they are ranked last.
11) Houston Texans (10-6) - The Texans have a good shot to upset the Bengals in the first round but after that, not to much of a chance at anything with T.J. Yates as their starting QB because Schaub is down, but look out next year.
10) Detroit Lions (10-6) - If the Saints do not make the Lions one and done this week and they pull what they did last year against the Seahawks, I am going to start calling Drew Brees the Lebron of the NFL, this should be an easy Saints win, Stafford and the gang will keep it close, but don't expect much.
9) Cincinnati Bengals (9-7) - The Bengals have an interesting scenario, they have a Matt Schaubless Texans squad in the first round then could end up with a defenseless Patriots, the Bengals could upset their way to the AFC Championship, but if they make it to New England, I am picking Pats! A great season by the most surprising team of the year in the rookie QB led Bengals.
8) New York Giants (9-7) - I may even pick the Giants to beat the Falcons in the first round, but the Giants are way too much of a shaky team against good opponents to rank them any higher than this.
7) Atlanta Falcons (10-6) - The Falcons have had a questionable year, they started terrible and really turned things arounds especially once Julio Jones got back, beating the Giants will be no easy task however as I think this is an even matchup and both these teams match up well against each other on both sides of the ball.
6) Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4) - No one knows how healthy Big Ben actually is and Rashard Mendenhall may have a torn ACL, this could cost the Steelers dearly, I expect them to get past Denver, but to beat New England again this year with those offensive injuries would really take a lot of luck or New England sleeping defensively.
5) S.F. 49ers (13-3) - The 49ers have arguably the best defense in the league at this current time, but with an unreliable Alex Smith and a very good but stoppable Frank Gore, if they meet a team like the Saints or Giants next round, it could be upset city in San Francisco. Also one other relevant point to make look at the teams that have won Super Bowls the past few years, Packers, Saints, Steelers, Colts, all have great QB's, Alex Smith is not in that category.
4) Baltimore Ravens (12-4) - The success of the Ravens will completely bank on what kind of Joe Flacco plays, will it be the kind that throws countless interceptions and miss fires 50% of his passes or will he be sharp and hit his targets, defensively they are fine, but offensively they have many questions with Flacco as their Q.B.
3) New England Patriots (13-3) - The Patriots have the best offense in the A.F.C. and could have an easy road to the Super Bowl with the 1 seed and home field locked up and the fact they may play the Bengals in the first round, but if the Patriots struggle defensively like they have all season and they end up with the Steelers next week, an upset is very possible.
2) New Orleans Saints (13-3) - In my opinion, the Saints are the only team besides the Patriots that could keep up scoring wise with the Packers, Drew Brees has played outstanding this year and I will not rule the Saints out of a matchup with Green Bay in the NFC championship pending they don't lose to someone ridiculous as they did in the playoffs last year to the 8 and 8 Seahawks.
1) Green Bay Packers (15-1) - Matt Flynn threw 6 touchdowns last week and the Green Bay Packer B Squad beat the Detroit Lions who were playing for a higher seed, I can't wait to see what the A Squad does in the playoffs, repeat more than likely in Cheesehead City!
There you have it folks, these will change next week, enjoy the NFL and read Craig's article below this one on what the Red Sox need to do as we are only 2 months or so away from Spring Training!
Comment on this article and have your comment posted to the site:
Here are the Tom Nappi Week 17 NFL Power Rankings, (#) - Last Week
Ok so last week of the NFL season this Sunday and some teams are not playing for real, these power rankings are to inform you of what to expect in week 17 for wagering or fantasy purposes for the stupid leagues that have week 17 championships and let you know who the best and worst teams are in the league!
Teams still alive for Playoffs (NFC) - Dallas, New York Giants,
Teams In Playoffs (NFC) - Green Bay, New Orleans, San Francisco, Detroit, Atlanta
Teams still alive for Playoffs (AFC) - Jets, Bengals, Titans, Oakland, Chargers, Denver
Teams In Playoffs (AFC) - New England, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Houston
32-(31) St. Louis Rams (2-13) - May be in the hunt for Andrew Luck next year since the Colts decided to win the past 2 weeks.
31-(32) Indianapolis Colts (2-13) - Well Colts won 2 weeks in a row that is quite impressive and about time, they battle the Jaguars next week, question is will they tank the game to retain the first pick in the 2012 NFL draft.
30-(30) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-11) - The Bucs went from an almost playoff contender last year to losing 9 in a row last year, expect the Bucs to play in week 17 and try to ruin the Falcons shot at a home playoff game.
29-(26) Minnesota Vikings (3-12) - Adrian Peterson is done for the season with a torn ACL and MCL in his knee, trust me that injury kills. With Christian Ponder also out with a concussion prepare for the Vikings to play a bunch of backups and take an easy in their last game of the year against the Bears.
28-(28) Cleveland Browns (4-11) - Peyton Hillis is back, but that does not change a thing, expect the Browns to play their starters against division rival Steelers next week just to try to upset them and keep them from a bye week in the playoffs to piss them off.
27-(27) Jacksonville Jaguars (4-11) - Jags will only beat the Colts in week 17 if the Colts throw the game to keep the number 1 pick in the draft and knowing Bill Polian, that is pretty likely.
26-(22) Chicago Bears (7-8) - No longer a threat to anyone after being eliminated from the playoffs and playing the lowly Vikings next week, expect starters to play at least a half however, but don't bank on it, the Bears could be going for draft position.
25-(24) Washington Redskins (5-10) - Redskins will most likely give their all just to beat division rival Philadelphia Eagles next week, Eagles were eliminated from playoff contention since the Giants and Cowboys won their games.
24-(20) Philadelphia Eagles (7-8) - The Dream team is officially done and are no threat to anyone as they play the Redskins next week. Expect starters to play so Andy Reid can at least finish 8 and 8 in a thin attempt for him to keep his job.
23-(17) Arizona Cardinals (7-8) - Nice run at the end of the season, but too little to late, they have a pointless game with the Seahawks next week, expect starters to play most of the game for pride and because it is a hated division rival. Look out for the Cardinals next year!
22-(16) Seattle Seahawks (7-8) - Same scenario as the Cardinals, they will play for pride and to try to beat a division rivals in the Arizona Cardinals but to little to late for the Hawks. Look out for Pete Carroll and the gang next year however, Marshawn Lynch is stupid good.
21-(23) Carolina Panthers (6-9) - Expect the Panthers to throw Cam Newton and everything else they have out next week against the Saints, as they will play their hearts out to finish 7-9 and try to upset Saints playoff bye week hopes. Panthers will be a contender next year!
20-(29) Buffalo Bills (6-9) - Bills will play hard next week to finish 7-9 and see what improvements they need to make next year, they will also try to stop the Patriots from having home field advantage throughout the AFC playoffs. Bills will throw their whole arsenal on the field.
19-(18) Kansas City Chiefs (6-9) - Chiefs are the only team in the AFC west eliminated from playoff contention but they will not hold back one bit as they can officially end Tebow mania by beating the Broncos to keep them from the playoffs. Cheifs will be much better next year and should keep Romeo Crennel as the head coach.
18-(25) Miami Dolphins (5-10) - If you think for one second the Dolphins will sit anyone with a chance to keep the Jets from the playoffs.....Think Again!
17-(21) Oakland Raiders (8-7) - A do or die matchup with the Chargers next week, the Raiders will also need the Broncos to lose to the Chiefs, in either case they do still have a small shot at the playoffs as long as they get a win.
16-(14) S.D. Chargers (7-8) - The Chargers need to beat the Raiders this week to have any hope at making the playoffs, they also need the Broncos to lose, if those 2 things happen the Chargers who lost 6 in a row at one point this season will win the AFC West.
15-(19) Tennessee Titans (8-7) - The Titans need to beat the Texans this week who are pretty much playing for nothing as they have already clinched a playoff spot but have a small shot at clinching a bye or home field in the 1st round if the Ravens or Steelers lose. For the Titans to make the playoffs, they also need the Jets to lose to the Dolphins and they will need Oakland to lose to the Chargers.
14-(11) New York Jets (8-7) - After a stinker last week against the Giants, the Jets need to beat the Dolphins which will not be easy and will need the Titans to lose to the Texans.
13-(15) Cincinnati Bengals (9-6) The Bengals control their own destiny after hanging on to beat the Cardinals last week. Bengals still must beat the Ravens who are playing to clinch the North and a 1st round bye, if the Bengals lose however they will still get in if either the Jets or Titans lose.
12-(8) Dallas Cowboys (8-7) - Last weeks loss did not matter either way the Cowboys must beat the Giants next week to make the playoffs win or go home.
11-(13) New York Giants (8-7) - Eli Manning looked extremely good against the Jets last week but win or go home against the Cowboys in Week 17.
10-(9) Denver Broncos (8-7) - Pretty simple concept beat the Chiefs or go home, they own no tiebreakers in the West and if they lose the winner of the Chargers-Raiders game wins the AFC West. Although Eliminated Chiefs will bring it! Tim Tebow can't absolutely suck as he did against the Buffalo Bills last week.
9-(12) Detroit Lions (10-5) - The Lions clinched their first playoff birth since 1999 after crushing the Chargers last week and will not be fighting for much this week against the Packers 2nd team because they will not know who they are playing in the first round until the results of the Saints and 49ers game is in, but they will most likely play to win because the Lions hate the Packers and a win gives them a better chance to meet up with Giants or Cowboys in the 1st round.
8-(10) Houston Texans (10-5) - Texans did win the AFC South and still have a shot at a first round bye if both the Ravens and Steelers somehow lose, but the Texans must beat the Titans who are fighting for a playoff spot and looked disgraceful offensively losing to the Colts last week. One and Done!
7-(6) Atlanta Falcons (9-6) - Falcons are in the playoffs and will most likely try to beat the Bucs to secure a 1st round game against an easy team, but may not try too much as a Lions win is expected against the Packers who are playing for absolutely nothing in week 17.
6-(7) S.F. 49ers (12-3) - The 49ers will bring it against the Rams next week but don't overestimate this game, division games are always upset bound. 49ers must win for a first round bye in the playoffs.
5-(4) New England Patriots (12-3) - The Patriots will be playing to win against the Bills next week because if they lose and the Steelers clinch the AFC north, the Pats will not have the #1 seed and with their awful defense home field is vital throughout the playoffs.
4-(5) Baltimore Ravens (11-4) - Flacco continues to look bad and the Ravens must beat a playoff hungry Bengals to clinch the AFC North and a bye week in the playoffs unless the Steelers somehow lose to the Browns next week. With the AFC as weak as it is, the Ravens do have a chance to head to the Super Bowl however.
3-(3) Pittsburgh Steelers (11-4) - If Steelers beat the Browns and the Ravens lose to the Bengals, The Steelers clinch home field advantage and a bye week in the playoffs, this scenario is very possible as Bengals are playing for playoff birth and the Browns suck. Big Ben should be back next week so expect the overall best team in the AFC in my unbiased opinion to play to win!
2-(2) New Orleans Saints (12-3) - Really starting to make the case to be ranked number 1 after they man-handeled the Falcons on Monday Night Football. Congratulations to Drew Brees for breaking the all time regular season passing yards record. The Saints will be playing for a win next week against a tough Panthers offense as they need the win to contend with the 49ers for a 1st round bye week in the playoffs and home field advantage in the NFC against everyone but the Packers.
1-(1) Green Bay Packers (14-1) - They put a beating to the Bears on Sunday Night Football this week so they are playing for nothing and could bench all their starters if they choose, starting any Packer on your fantasy team this week for the ridiculously stupid fantasy leagues that have week 17 championships is risky. They may have the starters out for the first half because they would love to upset the Lions but will most likely bench most starters to play it safe. Packers are still my favorite for the Super Bowl. Mike McCarthy could be the next Vince Lombardi....If you say the last sentence of this paragraph, it rhymes!
Also tune into a vitally important edition of the Sports Blast this Thursday as we break down all playoff scenarios and pick what we think is going to happen!
Lastly Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from everyone at the Massachusetts Sports and Entertainment Network. Playoff Power Rankings will be posted after Week 17....Enjoy the Final Weeks of NFL This Season :/
Here are the Tom Nappi Week 16 NFL Power Rankings, (#) - Last Week
Teams still alive for Playoffs (NFC) - Dallas, New York Giants, Detroit, Philadelphia, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle, Arizona....(We could actually have multiple teams in NFC west finish above .500
Teams In Playoffs (NFC) - Green Bay, New Orleans, San Francisco
Teams still alive for Playoffs (AFC) - Jets, Bengals, Titans, Oakland, Chargers, Kansas City, Denver
Teams In Playoffs (AFC) - New England, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Houston
32-(32) Indianapolis Colts (1-13) - Got a win against the Titans this week, but still awful. Seems like they wanted to win 1 to avoid embarrassment, I would be shocked if they do not lose out on purpose. #Pathetic
31-(31) St. Louis Rams (2-12) - What happened to Sam Bradford...falls from first to worst!
30-(30) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-10) - Another great rookie QB last year...terrible this year.
29-(26) Buffalo Bills (5-9) - Bills have fallen to the pathetic stage losing their 7th game in a row.
28-(29) Cleveland Browns (4-10) - Peyton Hillis is back and was heavily affective....but too little too late. #SeeyounextyearHillis
27-(23) Jacksonville Jaguars (4-10) - The Jags fall back to pathetic, getting slapped by the Falcons last Thursday.
26-(28) Minnesota Vikings (2-12) - Awful beating by the Saints but I do like Christian Ponder for the future.
25-(25) Miami Dolphins (5-9) - Look out for the Dolphins next year, they have won 5 of their last 7 and should be good next year.
24-(24) Washington Redskins (5-9) - Soon as the Skins get a good QB they will be elite, excellent defense, coaching and running game #DitchGrossman
23-(22) Carolina Panthers (5-9) - I had to move them down because they are officially out of the hunt for the playoffs but look out for Cam Newton and the Panthers next year
22-(17) Chicago Bears (7-7) - Jay Cutler breaks the heart of Bears fans everywhere as Hanie has another awful game against the Seahawks, the Bears now have some serious competition for a wild card spot and have no offensive production whatsoever. Tough break with Cutler and Forte going down and losing WR Sam Herd for buying way too many drugs.
21-(16) Oakland Raiders (7-7) - The Raiders lost to their identical twin Detroit Lions today 28-27, both hard hitting, cocky, undisciplined, under achieving teams. Raiders still in the hunt but I will be shocked if they are smart enough to keep themselves from causing stupid penalties to blow games.
20-(21) Philadelphia Eagles (6-8) - The Eagles are thanking the Lord Vick is back, because they now have a very small chance at either a NFC East title shot or even a smaller shot at the wild card. Eagles are finally starting to look like the so-called dream team again and are back in the playoff picture.
19-(14) Tennessee Titans (7-7) - Did the Titans seriously lose to the formally known as winless Colts to just about blow their playoff hopes? #AnyGivenSunday
18-(27) Kansas City Chiefs (6-8) - The Chiefs beat the Packers, they deserve to be moved here, because if they can be the Packers they can beat anyone in the league. I think the Chiefs have found themselves their next coach in Romeo Crennel, they need some help to win the AFC West. Kyle Orton was a huge boost to the Chiefs offense, what the hell took so long to pull Palko out? #ToddHaleyFiring=Good Idea
17-(19) Arizona Cardinals (7-7) - One of the biggest games in Week 16 will be Cardinals-Bengals, both teams in the heat of their playoff races, Arizona is red hot winning their 4th straight and are now in the heat of a NFC Wild Card Spot.
16-(20) Seattle Seahawks (7-7) - Seahawks clobbered the Bears this week and are another team white hot that have worked their way back into the NFC Wild Card Race. Can Pete Carroll actually do it again? Marshawn Lynch is in beast mode at 1000+ rushing on the season #MarshawnLynchisabeast
15-(15) Cincinnati Bengals (8-6) - Bengals control their own destiny, if they win out, they are in the playoffs, if they lose one still may be in, but don't count on it with the Chargers and Broncos in the hunt. Arizona and Baltimore coming up so it will most likely not be easy.
14-(18) San Diego Chargers (7-7) - I hate the Chargers, they suck the entire 1st half of the year, now decide to win some games to get back in the wild card and AFC West Race, Chargers will need to win out and need either the Broncos, Bengals or Jets to lose games to have a shot at playoff contention. Chargers have Lions and Raiders left.
13-(11) New York Giants (7-7) - The Giants fall back to 2nd in the AFC East after somehow managing to lose to the Redskins. Giants continue to be one of the most inconsistent teams in football.
12-(13) Detroit Lions (9-5) - Lions would have to lose both remaining games to miss the playoffs, but with the Chargers and Packers left it may not be the easiest task. Lions beat their AFC twins this week the Oakland Raiders 28-27. Lions must play disciplined football to pull this off.
11-(10) New York Jets (8-6) - Jets got crushed by the Eagles sunday and are now in danger of missing the playoffs, the Jets will probably have to win out to make the playoffs and with the playoff hungry Giants and upset hungry Dolphins left, it is going to be a very hard task especially if Mark Sanchez keeps playing terrible.
10-(5) Houston Texans (10-4) - Texans have clinched the AFC South but I do not think they can handle elite teams in the playoffs without Schaub.
9-(7) Denver Broncos (8-6) - The Patriots revealed all the holes the Broncos defense has and gave a good example of how to shut down Tebow in the 2nd half, if the Broncos are to meet an elite offense the result of today's game will likely be similar. Remember the Broncos were 2-5? Broncos need to beat the Bills and likely Chiefs to make the playoffs....#Tebowmaniaisover
8-(12) Dallas Cowboys (8-6) Sometimes Romo Good, Sometimes Romo Awesome, Sometimes Romo Awful, this week he was great and the Cowboys control the NFC East destiny. Cowboys have must win division games with the Eagles and Giants left.
7-(8) San Francisco 49ers (11-3) - Great win against Steelers on Monday Night Football but I am still not convinced if they meet a high powered offense they will be able to stop them or keep pace, but the 49ers are a huge threat because of their defense in the playoffs.
6-(9) Atlanta Falcons (9-5) - Falcons are more than likely in the playoffs because they play the Bucs on the last week of the season and only need 1 more win and in. Falcons can also compete with the elite of the NFL, big game this week against the Saints.
5-(3) Baltimore Ravens (10-4) - A tough loss to the Chargers on Sunday Night Football as Flacco looked AWFUL in the 34-14 loss. Ravens have clinched a playoff spot but need the Steelers to lose to have a shot at the AFC North. The Ravens offense can be very questionable if Flacco turns the ball over to often.
4-(6) New England Patriots (11-3) - Patriots have clinched the AFC east, defense looks very questionable still, but the Patriots showed they have an affective Pass Rush and can shut down the playoff contenders with their high powered offense. A huge loss to the Patriots in the win against the Broncos this week as DE Andre Carter will be out for the season with a Quad Injury.
3-(4) Pittsburgh Steelers (10-4) - Worse record than the Patriots after losing to the 49ers on Monday Night Football, but their defense is a lot better and their schedule was a lot harder.
2-(2) New Orleans Saints (11-3) - Brees continues to look stupidly good as the Saints crush the Vikings 42-20, look out Packers.
1-(1) Green Bay Packers (13-1) - O.K. O.K. Rodgers finally had a bad day, give the guy a break. This is the Packers first loss in 19 games. The last loss for the Packers before today was in 2010 on Sunday December 19th to the Patriots... I think there is just something about this week with the Packers. The Chiefs defense played well, but don't expect stopping Rodgers to be a habbit.
Upset To Remember (December 18th 2011)
Green Bay Packers - 14 Kansas City Chiefs - 19
TNF Falcons - 41 Jaguars - 14
SNF Cowboys - 31 Bucs - 15
Miami - 30 Bills - 23
Seahawks - 38 Bears - 14
Titans - 13 Colts - 27
Packers - 14 Chiefs - 19
Bengals - 20 Rams - 13
Saints - 42 Vikings - 20
Redskins - 23 Giants - 10
Panthers - 28 Texans - 13
Lions - 28 Raiders - 27
Patriots - 41 Broncos - 23
Jets - 19 Eagles - 45
Browns - 17 Cardinals - 20 O.T.
SNF: Ravens - 14 Chargers - 34
MNF: Steelers @ 49ers
Craig’s Top ten MVP picks not named Aaron Rogers
10. Jimmy Graham Saints- In less than two years, Jimmy Graham has revolutionized the tight end position. True, the position had been trending toward the more athletic, pass-catching type of player for years. But Graham has taken that idea to a whole new level. If Calvin Johnson is a receiver in a tight end's body, then Jimmy Graham is a tight end in a receiver's body. 1,101 yards, 80, receptions, 8 touchdowns.
9. Tim Tebow- He's racked up 11 touchdowns and 1,290 yards on 198 attempts for a 48.5 completion percentage. His quarterback rating is an 83.9 for the season. That's middle of the road, folks. The only number that really matters in the Tebow for MVP argument is seven. That is how many wins, in eight games started, he's led them to. In the process, the Broncos have gone from predicted door mats of the AFC to a lock for the AFC West title. Talent and stats alone do not win MVP titles. Those things have to lead to wins. Tebow is a winner personified. For that, he deserves MVP consideration.
11 touchdowns, 1,290 yards, 48.5 completion percentage, 83.9 qbr, 7-1 as a starter.
8. LeSean McCoy Eagles- "It's hard to soar like an eagle when you're surrounded by turkeys." Such is the life of LeSean McCoy, the NFL's second-leading rusher. The Eagles have been dreadful this year. Despite high-priced free-agent signings and high expectations that earned them the nickname "The Dream Team," they won't make the playoffs. Clearly that has nothing to do with McCoy, who has definitely soared. He is the lone bright spot in this dismal season for the Eagles. 1,172 yards, 17 touchdowns, averages 90 yards a game. 0 fumbles
7. Rob Gronkowski Patriots- The only thing Rob Gronkowski does is score touchdowns. Actually, that is a complete exaggeration. He does much more. Tom Brady and Bill Belichick would both tell you that. .But as far as MVP consideration goes, his touchdown numbers are what puts him in the discussion.
16 touchdowns- 71 receptions- 1,088 yards
6. Maurice Jones-Drew - Even before Sunday's victory over Tampa Bay, MJD deserved to be in the MVP discussion. He is the NFL's leading rusher with 1,222 yards and is doing so on a team with a rookie quarterback and a passing game that is probably the worst in the NFL. He's scored seven rushing and three receiving touchdowns this year while averaging the highest yards-per-game average among running backs.
1,222 yards, 10 total touchdowns, 94 yards per game
5. Wes Welker- In 2011, Welker is having a career year. He is arguably the most complete receiver in the game. He may not have the most touchdowns, but he has already eclipsed his previous high with three games remaining. He will also easily beat his previous high in yards. He's averaging more yards per catch, and he already has 100 receptions for the year as well. Gronkowksi might get most of Brady's red-zone attention. But without Welker, the Patriots might never get to the red zone. He is the perfect fit for New England's system and knows how to find seams and openings in the defense that other receivers would miss.
100 receptions, 1339 yards, 9 touchdowns
4. Calvin Johnson- Johnson was unstoppable in the red zone early on in the season, . The tides have changed for Johnson and the Lions since then, though. The loss of Matthew Stafford's hand injury had the most impact of his lack of production since. But the biggest reason for Johnson's drop in production—he only has three touchdowns in his last eight games—is that defenses are putting two or three defenders on him on every play. Defenses are forcing Detroit to key on other receivers.
72 receptions, 1,121, 12 touchdowns, nine tds in 5 games
3. Eli Manning- The 2007 Super Bowl MVP should be in the discussion for the 2011 regular season MVP. He is having his best year as a pro. Manning's already thrown for more yards then ever before, and he will likely surpass his previous high in touchdowns. Plus, he's taking care of the ball. His interception numbers are way down from last year. Victor Cruz has been a revelation. But without Manning, Cruz would be just another unproven slot receiver on a bad team.
4,105 yards, 25 touchdowns, 12 ints, 95.5 qbr, 14 4th quarter touchdowns
2. Drew Brees- Dan Marino's record for passing yards in a single season will be shattered by Drew Brees this year. It's not a question of if—it's a question of when.
Touchdowns, 11 ints, 105.9 qbr, 336 ypg
1. Tom Brady- Saying Tom Brady is an MVP candidate is like saying its going to be cold during the winter.
4,273 yards, 33 touchdowns, 11 ints, 106 qbr, 328 ypg
*Obviously Aaron Rogers is your MVP this season, there is no one even close to his production, he has a 123 QBR, over 4,000 yards, and 39 touchdowns and will more then likely lead his team to just the Third ever undefeated Regular season, he is a freak of nature this season.
Top 10 most valuable players so far this year, if these players were not around their teams would be lost!
10) Calvin Johnson - WR - Detroit Lions - Calvin is 4th in the NFL in receiving yards and without him the Lions would not be anywhere near a playoff contender, I know the Lions have a good defense but they have no running game with RB Jahvid Best on the I.R. and without Calvin making amazing touchdown catches or taking the top off the defense, they would be lucky to finish 6 and 10 this season.
9) Houston Texans Defense - Matt Schaub went down on November 13th against the Buccaneers and then backup Matt Leinart would go down a couple weeks later with an injury and T.J. Yates who is an average passer at best would take over, but the Texans defense has stepped up even more so and currently are the number one overall defense in the NFL. The Texans are 5-0 since Schaub went down and you can thank the defense for allowing the Texans to clinch the AFC South and keep the Texans as a Super Bowl contender this year. The Texans have only given up an average of 12.8 points to opponents in the last 5 games.
8) London Fletcher - LB - Washington Redskins - Fletcher leads the league with 134 tackles on the season and is one of the main threats in the struggling Redskins potent defense. The Redskins are ranked 10th defensively in the NFL. I also put him in here because defenses do not get enough credit and with awful Rex Grossman as QB its defensive players like London Fletcher that make the differences.
7) Maurice Jones Drew - RB - Jacksonville Jaguars - MJD is pretty much the only offensive threat the Jaguars have had in the last half of the season as Blaine Gabbert has struggled as of late. MJD leads the league in Rushing Yards with 1222 and is tied for 7th in touchdowns with Adrian Peterson and Ray Rice.
6) Wes Welker - WR - New England Patriots - Welker leads the league in receiving yards with 1339 yards and is 11th in touchdowns with 9 in the Patriots potent Brady-Welker-Gronkowski combo offense.
5) Cam Newton - QB - Carolina Panthers - The Panthers are 4 and 9 this year and there is 1 simple reason....Cam Newton who is an effective passer as well as a great rushing QB. Newton is 3rd in the league in touchdowns with 13 and is the only reason besides Steve Smith the depleted Panthers have 4 wins this year. An unbelievable rookie season by Newton.
4) Tom Brady - QB - New England Patriots - Brady is great as usual with a 106.0 passer rating. Brady is 2nd in passing touchdowns with 33 and 2nd in passing yards with 4,273 and although he has thrown 11 interceptions this year, with a defense as bad as the Patriots and only 1 effective receiver and the tight end combo, the Patriots would probably be 8 and 8 if Brady went down this year instead of a Super Bowl contender.
3) Drew Brees - QB - New Orleans Saints - Brees is 3rd in passer rating and besides Rodgers is one of the best at spreading the ball around. The Saints have faced numerous offensive injuries this year but Brees has overcome injuries with no problem. Brees is 1st in passing yards with 4,368 and 3rd in passing touchdowns. Brees also has a 105.9 passer rating this year. Brees is also an expert at helping the Saints keep the ball to keep their questionable defense off the field.
2) Rob Gronkowski - TE - New England Patriots - I am convinced that if it was not for Gronk the Patriots would have 5-8 losses right now, because the opposing defense would have no problem covering Welker or Hernandez, Gronk is a super natural human being that is so big it is nearly impossible to cover him. He is 2nd in the league in Touchdowns behind LeSean McCoy with 16 and has 71 receptions this year, he is a beast and is just about as valuable to the Patriots as Brady.
1) Aaron Rodgers - QB - Green Bay Packers - Is there really any debate about this? He spreads the ball around to his mostly no-name receivers but leads the league with a 123.3 passing rating, compared to the 106.0 passer rating by Brady, Rodgers is on a level of his own! Rodgers is 3rd in yards, 1st in passing touchdowns with 39 and is the primary reason the Packers are undefeated and will probably win the Super Bowl again this year!
Peyton Manning - Indianapolis Colts QB - I am sure you understand why looking at the Colts without him. (Sort of a joke....Sort of)
LeSean McCoy - Philadelphia Eagles, RB - 1,172 Rushing yards, 2nd in the league and 1st in touchdowns with 17.
Jarred Allen - Minnesota Vikings - DE - Leads the league in sacks with 17.5.
D'Qwell Jackson - Cleveland Browns - LB - 2nd in tackles with 125.
Kyle Arrington - New England Patriots - CB - tied with Eric Weddle of the Chargers and Charles Woodson of the Packers with 7 interceptions and is the only threat in the Patriots awful secondary.
Michael Turner - Atlanta Falcons - RB - 2nd in rushing yard with 1,068 and has kept the Falcons alive through Matt Ryan's struggles this season.
Ray Rice - Baltimore Ravens - RB - Flacco has been up and down this season but Ray Rice has been on fire and is probably the main reason in the Ravens questionable offense, the Ravens are on top in the AFC North.
Victor Cruz - New York Giants - WR - Injuries have riddled Hakeem Nicks and Mario Manningham this year and Cruz is one of the main reasons the Giants are on top in the AFC East, coming through as one of Eli's new favorite targets, Victor is 3rd in receiving yards.
Greg Jennings - Green Bay Packers - WR - Rodgers favorite target, tied for 4th in touchdowns with Welker.
Vincent Jackson - S.D. Chargers - WR - Before Jackson came back the Chargers were a mess offensively between Rivers having a questionable season and the Chargers having a struggling running game, since Jackson has come back he has helped the Chargers to playoff contention.
Laurent Robinson - Dallas Cowboys - WR - With injuries riddling Miles Austin and Dez Bryant being ineffective and Tony Romo being Tony Romo, Robinson is the last breath of hope for the Cowboys.
Steelers Defense, 49ers Defense and Ravens Defense - Obviously consider separately but these 3 defenses are the top 3 of the most important defensive statistic, points given up a game and with offensive struggles at points during the season for either of these teams, you need to credit their defenses.
OK FINE Tim Tebow - QB - Denver Broncos too, Broncos are 7 and 1 with the guy and lead the AFC West since the supernatural force known as Tim Tebow took over at QB.
Points A Game Surrendered
1) S.F. 49ers - 14.0
2) Pittsburgh Steelers - 15.2
3) Baltimore Ravens - 15.5
4) Houston Texans - 16.0
Fun Fact: Did you know as bad as the Patriots secondary is, they are ranked 14th behind the Bengals and Jets with an average of only 21.4 ppg given up.
Listen to the Sports Blast at 8pm tonight right here on MSEN Radio as we all break down our NFL MVP's so far this season!
Here are the Tom Nappi Week 15 NFL Power Rankings, (#) - Last Week
If the Team is not bold there is no shot in hell they will make the playoffs.
Power rankings are in order by teams that have best shot at the Super Bowl!
I will adjust this after Monday Night Football but notice the MNF matchup is pointless as it is between 2 awful teams!
Here is a pic of God's Favorite Tim Tebow who did it again in week 14, a last minute comeback against the Bears and the Broncos win 6th straight 13-10!
32-(32) Indianapolis Colts (0-13) - Awful, they continue to throw the season, shameful, awful, horrible.
31-(31) St. Louis Rams (2-11) - Why did Sam Bradford go from first to worst?
30-(25) Tampa Bay Bucs (4-9) - How the heck is it possible to give up 41 points to Jacksonville? The Bucs are terrible.
29-(26) Cleveland Browns (4-9) - Peyton Hillis one and done One great year and that could be it and the Browns are consistently awful.
28-(30) Minnesota Vikings (2-11) - They could have very well beat the Lions this week, if the refs saw the face mask on the last play of the game, they are looking better every week and I think Ponder will eventually be a good QB.
27-(18) Kansas City Chiefs (5-8) - Head Coach Todd Haley just got tanked after a beating by the Jets, the injury of Cassel wrecked the Chiefs already questionable season.
26-(23) Buffalo Bills (5-8) - Is it just me or are the Bills getting worse and worse every week? 37-10 beating by the Chargers this week.
25-(22) Miami Dolphins (4-9) - Dolphins took a tough loss this week to Philly but they have serious potential to upset the elite.
24-(28) Washington Redskins (4-9) - Most of the Redskins losses have been very competitive games, they have potential to upset playoff teams and you can never under prepare for the Redskins deadly pass rush.
23-(29) Jacksonville Jaguars (4-9) - They ran over the Bucs this week, so they have potential to end some seasons as bad as they have been. Maybe its the fact Jack Del Rio is gone!
22-(24) Carolina Panthers (4-9) - Don't every underestimate Cam Newton, he is by far rookie of the year, if Panthers ever get a defense to support him look out!
21-(27) Philadelphia Eagles (5-8) - Vick is back and so is some winning in Philly, they will not make the playoffs but they could upset playoff contenders. A nice 26-10 beating of the Dolphins this week.
20-(20) Seattle Seahawks (6-7) - MNF was a Seahawk Slaughter Fest 30-13 over the Rams.
19-(21) Arizona Cardinals (6-7) - They beat the 49ers this week 21-19. I love the wild wild NFC west, Cardinals could win out and grab a NFC wild card. Don't count on it though.
18-(19) S.D. Chargers (6-7) - I hate how the Chargers win in december and suck every other month, I think Tebow will hold them from the AFC West title this year however!
17-(17) Chicago Bears (7-6) - A major shot at the Wild Card in NFC took a major hit this week because of Marion Barber, who runs out of bounds with the lead and less than 2 minutes left honestly! Well the Denver Tim Tebow Divine Interventions got to the Bears this week.
16-(16) Oakland Raiders (7-6) - Probably the most undisciplined team in the NFL. Detroit, K.C. and Chargers left, with the way they have been playing, the Raiders are dead!
15-(15) Cincinnati Bengals (7-6) - Rams, Cardinals and Ravens to finish out the season, must win at least 2 of those games to stay in playoff contention after blowing a must win game against the Falcons this week.
14-(12) Tennessee Titans (7-6) - Still a shot at a Wild Card even though the division was clinched with the Jags and Colts coming up, Titans will have to win out the rest of the season.
13-(10) Detroit Lions (7-6) - Should have lost to the Vikings but a missed face mask call in the last play of the game, the Lions look undisciplined and the defense is playing not close to as good as the beginning of the season.
12-(11) Dallas Cowboys (7-6) - Blew an 11 point lead against the Giants on Sunday Night Football with 5:00+ left, the Giants are now right back in the race and own the tie-breaker against the Cowboys.
11-(10) New York Giants (7-6) - Giants saved their season by beating the Cowboys Sunday Night, but still will likely have to win out to grab a playoff spot. It has been a very inconsistent NFC East this year and the Giants are no exception.
10-(13) New York Jets (8-5) - Jets are in line at a AFC Wild Card spot as long as they win 2 of the next 3, as far as competing with elite teams such as the Ravens, Steelers and Patriots, it has yet to be seen if they are capable.
9-(9) Atlanta Falcons (8-5) Got the job done against Carolina now has Jacksonville, New Orleans and Tampa Bay coming up, should be in line for a NFC Wild Card spot and overall has a nice all around team with upset potential!
8-(5) S.F. 49ers (10-3) The proud winners of the NFC west, now I have to say the 49ers have an outstanding defense but there offense comes up short at times and I am not sure they have enough clutchability (made up my own word there) to go far into the playoffs.
7-(7) Denver Broncos (8-5) - Broncos have won 6 straight and if you watched the game this week against the Bears, the way the Broncos won was one of the rarest most flukey things I have ever seen and Tim Tebow I am now convinced has divine intervention on his side, this guy is nothing but a winner! He sucks at throwing and I cannot emphasize that enough but he has the power of the Lord!
6-(6) New England Patriots (10-3) - Another shaky win for the Patriots as they beat the Redskins 34-27, not only did they get torched by the awful Rex Grossman, but this week even their ground defense was awful, giving up 126 yards to Roy Helu. With this kind of defense, one and done, as I am still a huge believer in the fact defense wins championships! I CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH BRONCOS VS PATS THIS SUNDAY AT 4:15PM/ET!
5-(8) Houston Texans (10-3) - Schaub may be done, but the Texans are in the playoffs after clinching the South and even though T.J. Yates is there QB they got the job done the past 2 weeks against a tough Falcons and a tough Bengals team, Patriots take note this is how defense is played, only 29 points given up in the past 2 weeks by the Texans!
4- (4) Pittsburgh Steelers (10-3) - Beat up on the Browns and I hate to admit it but Big Ben is one tough S.O.B. coming back into the game after spraining his ankle on Thursday nights beating of the Browns.
3-(3) Baltimore Ravens (10-3) - Chargers, Browns and Bengals left, Chargers probably the toughest game left, but have a great shot to clinch the AFC North.
2-(2) New Orleans Saints (10-3) - Drew Brees is unstoppable. Vikings, Falcons, Carolina coming up, so the Saints are in great shape for the NFC South and a Bye Week. Prediction: Packers and Saints in NFC championship, Packers win 55-48.
1-(1) Green Bay Packers (13-0) - Once again showed why they are the best and Rodgers is on a level of his own!
READ MORE CHECK OUT CRAIG's POWER RANKINGS!!!!!! THEY ARE ALMOST AS GOOD AS MINE!
Here are the Tom Nappi Week 14 NFL Power Rankings, (#) - Last Week
If the Team is not bold there is no shot in hell they will make the playoffs.
Power rankings are in order by teams that have best shot at the Super Bowl!
I will adjust this after Monday Night Football but notice the MNF matchup is pointless as it is between 2 awful teams!
First here is my elimination table! The teams crossed out are done, the teams with the line next to them are on life support!
32-(32) Indianapolis Colts (0-12) - I am now convinced that they are trying to blow the season and get the number 1 draft pick, they did not even look like they tried defensively in this weeks loss to the Patriots...that is despicable and there should be a law against throwing the season!
31-(30) St. Louis Rams (2-10) - This is an example of a team that just simply sucks, at least they suck and can have some dignity COLTS!
30-(31) Minnesota Vikings (2-10) - They got Tim Tebowed in the 4th quarter this week in their last minute 35-32 loss to the Broncos.
29-(28) Jacksonville Jaguars (3-9) - They played the Chargers on Monday Night Football this week, very winnable game but man do they suck, so they lost....btw sorry to hear about the firing of Jack Del Rio last week.
28-(23) Washington Redskins (4-8) - A team that has no shot at the playoffs but can upset teams on life support!
27-(22) Philadelphia Eagles (4-8) - HAHAHAHA The So-called "DREAM TEAM" is pathetic....I do feel bad Andy Reid will probably lose his job.
26-(27) Cleveland Browns (4-8) - As you have heard before Cleveland fans....there is always next year!
25-(21) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-8) - Tough loss to Carolina....Josh Freeman may be out for the season.
24-(29) Carolina Panthers (4-8) - No Playoffs this year but Carolina has a very bright future with Cam Newton as QB....Panthers fans get excited!
23-(18) Buffalo Bills (5-7) - 5 Losses in a row, perhaps Buffalo should have waited after the season to give Fitzpatrick a new deal. 68.8 Qb Rating in the Past 5 games, but hey the Bills defense has been horrible too giving up an average of 31.4 points in the past 5 games.
22-(24) Miami Dolphins (4-8) - Yes I ranked the Dolphins higher than the Bills because they are playing some awesome football as they have won 4 of their last 5! The Dolphins have also only allowed an average of 10.8 points defensively in their past 5 games.
21-(26) Arizona Cardinals (5-7) - A very impressive win over the Cowboys to keep there extremely small wild card hopes alive.....It won't happen.
20-(25) Seattle Seahawks (5-7) - A great win on Thursday Night Football to officially just about eliminate Philly from playoff hopes. Marshawn Lynch looks great! The Seahawks have quietly won 3 of their last 4!
19-(20) S.D. Chargers (5-7) -Even with a 6 game losing streak they are still in the race to win the very weak AFC West.
18-(19) Kansas City Chiefs (5-7) - Releasing Kyle Orton could come back to bite the Broncos, they have the Packers, Jets, Raiders and Broncos to finish out the season...Not a chance.
17-(16) Chicago Bears (7-5) - The Bears are so screwed without Cutler and now may be without Matt Forte who suffered a partially torn MCL in the Bears loss to the Chiefs.
16-(9) Oakland Raiders (7-5) - Probably the most undisciplined team in the NFL. They lost a must win game Sunday to the Dolphins, closing out the season they have Green Bay, Detroit, Kansas City and San Diego...OUCH!
15-(13) Cincinnati Bengals (7-5) - They have gone 7 and 5 in a schedule of fluff, I do not trust this young group of players to beat elite teams, but in the future they will! The Bengals have the Texans, Rams, Cardinals and Ravens to finish out the season, should be able to win three of those to skid in, but will be eliminated 1st round.
14-(11) New York Giants (6-6) - The Giants had a close game with the Packers this Sunday and looked great offensively but they have the Cowboys twice, Redskins and Jets to finish out the season. Dear Giants please knock out the damn Jets for good!
13-(12) New York Jets (7-5) - Jets control there own destiny but they have K.C., Philly, Giants and Dolphins in the foot race to a wild card spot.
12-(17) Tennessee Titans (7-5) - Arguably have the easiest road to a wild card spot besides playing the Saints next week they have Colts, Jaguars and Houston left, the Titans should win the last 3. Chris Johnson is finally starting to come through!
11-(7) Dallas Cowboys (7-5) - Dallas really does determine if they clinch the NFC east or not as they have the Giants twice, Eagles once and the Bucs coming up....win or go home! (BTW how the hell do you lose to the Cardinals? Tony "Choke" Romo")
10-(14) Detroit Lions (7-5) - I rank them here because they have the Vikings, Raiders and Chargers in the next 3 games, those should be 3 games the Lions are able to win and grab a wild card spot.
9-(8) Atlanta Falcons (7-5) Easiest road to a wild card in the NFC: Carolina, Jacksonville, New Orleans and Tampa Bay coming up, New Orleans also may already clinch by week 16 so playoff hopes are in their own hands.
8-(15) Houston Texans (9-3) Andre Johnson went down again but the Texans still managed to beat the Falcons without Schaub....I have to give them credit, they are 2 games up in the South and should be able to win the division with Bengals, Carolina, Indy and Titans coming up, they may even be able to win out and grab a bye week and I love their defense!
7-(10) Denver Broncos (7-5) - Screw the analysts that say Tebow can't be a QB in this league he is 6-1 this year and he keeps winning and he scares the hell out of me! The Broncos are on top of the West with 4 winnable games left against the Bears, Patriots, Bills and Chiefs. The Broncos defense has been playing fantastic giving up an average of 20.2 ppg in their last 5 games which were all wins!
6-(5) New England Patriots (9-3) - They won this week 31-24 against the Colts, but they almost let them back in the freaking game, they were up 31-3 in the 4th quarter and gave up 21 points to DAN ORLOVSKY...the defense is just way too shaky for my liking.
5-(6) S.F. 49ers (10-2) - Already in the playoffs winning the NFC west, now fighting for a bye week, will be pretty tough considering they have the hungry Cardinals, the dominating Steelers, the upset bound Seahawks and the upset bound Rams coming up.
4- (4) Pittsburgh Steelers (9-3) - Must win out to try to get the bye week and win the North with the Ravens on top, fairly easy schedule with the Browns coming up twice, 49ers and Rams coming up.
3-(3) Baltimore Ravens (9-3) - If they are truly elite they will win out and clinch the AFC North and the bye, they have Indy, Chargers, Browns and Bengals left.
2-(2) New Orleans Saints (9-3) - Drew Brees is unstoppable. Titans, Vikings, Falcons, Carolina coming up, so the Saints are in great shape for the NFC South and a Bye Week. Prediction: Packers and Saints in NFC championship, Packers win 55-48.
1-(1) Green Bay Packers (12-0) - The Packers are going to run the table, they have Raiders, Chiefs, Bears and Lions left to beat and will...This could be one of the best NFL teams ever!
Here are the Week 13 from Tom Nappi Power Rankings, (#) - Last Week
If the Team is in Bold they are serious contenders in the playoff hunt, by the way you will notice only 5 teams mathematically out of it....WOW!
Power rankings are in order by teams that have best shot at the Super Bowl!
32-(32) Indianapolis Colts (0-11) - 0-16 here we come. Quickest from first to worst ever!!!
31-(31) Minnesota Vikings (2-9) - Christian Ponder ehhhh.....Awful
30-(30) St. Louis Rams (2-9) - Lost all creditability this week with a loss to the Cardinals
29-(29) Carolina Panthers (3-8) - They Beat the Colts....If they did not they would be ranked 32 this week.
28-(28) Jacksonville Jaguars (3-8) - Jack Del Rio Fired....Well Deserved!
27-(22) Cleveland Browns (4-7) - Peyton Hillis came back and they still lost!
26-(27) Arizona Cardinals (4-7) - If only the 49ers sucked like last year, they would be in the race
25-(24) Seattle Seahawks (4-7) - Bag of Suck that may sometimes upset good teams
24-(25) Miami Dolphins (3-8) - Almost beat the Cowboys on thanksgiving...but lost so see ya next year!
23-(26) Washington Redskins (4-7) - Is John Beck the starter?
22-(16) Philadelphia Eagles (4-7) - They must run the table for a wild card spot but I just don't see it.
21- (23) Tampa Bay Bucs (4-7) - The Bucs can't buy a win right now!
20- (18) S.D. Chargers (4-7) - 6 Losses in a row...wow does Norv Turner suck, there is no way they weasel there way into the playoffs this year!
19-(21) K.C. Chiefs (4-7) - Tim Tebow and the Oakland Raiders are in your division....bye!!
18-(20) Buffalo Bills (5-6) - You can thank Stevie Johnson for most likely costing you the season with his choke!
17-(17) Tennessee Titans (6-5) - Very much in the race with the Texans for the SOuth since Schaub went down.
16-(11) Chicago Bears (7-4) - May skid into a wild card seed but no Jay Cutler kills you!
15-(15) Houston Texans (7-4) - A win over the Jags does not convince me Leinhart can play, but a decent shot at the South title...they control their own destiny.
14-(8) Detroit Lions (7-4) - Maybe its just Donkey Kong stomp on you Suh but they seem to be falling apart a little and have no shot at the division and have another date with the Packers.
13-(19) Cincinnati Bengals (7-4) - Most likely must beat Baltimore or Pittsburgh at least once to claim a wild card spot. Andy Dalton is great!!! Bengals will be good for years to come!
12-(14) N.Y. Jets (6-5) - Barely skidded by the Bills and have no shot at the division with the Patriots J.V. High school schedule, but still have a slim shot at a wild card spot.
11-(9) New York Giants (6-5) - They have looked awful since beating the Patriots....What a lopsided season by the G-Men so far.
10-(13) Denver Broncos (6-5) - Tim Tebow stares the crap out of me, How the hell does he keep winning? Tebow can't throw but I am now convinced Jesus is on his side. I will move these guys into the top 5 if they beat the Pats in a couple weeks.
9-(12) Oakland Raiders (7-4) - I am expecting the Raiders to close out the west, but if not Tebow will be scary in the playoffs.
8-(10) Atlanta Falcons (7-4) - Looking better and better each week...without a doubt in my mind they will be an NFC wild card spot.
7-(7) Dallas Cowboys (7-4) - Should win the NFC east, but no way they get through the NFC playoffs. Tony Romo = Choke against good teams
6-(2) S.F. 49ers (9-2) - Thursday nights loss to Baltimore proved they do not seem to be able to keep up with the elite, but still a great shot at the NFC championship with there championship defense.
5-(4) New England Patriots (8-3) - I need to see their defense slow down a powerful offense to be able to give better judgement, Brady is playing great obviously but is stopping Tyler Palko and Vince Young enough reason to believe they can win the big one. However the road to the AFC championship with their tomato soup can schedule could be very easy.
4-(3) Pittsburgh Steelers (8-3) - Ravens control the destiny of the AFC North and the Steelers offense is sometimes sketchy such as almost losing to the Chiefs but there defense is magnificent.
3-(6) Baltimore Ravens (8-3) - The lacking Ravens offense raises question to if they can keep up with a high powered offense but there defense is arguably the best in the league.
2-(5) New Orleans Saints (8-3) - After crushing the Giants and witnessing the Saints extremely high powered offense, I hope they play the Packers in the playoffs I will bet $3000000000000000 on the over, at times they are unstoppable and the defense seems to be playing much bettwe.
1-(1) Green Bay Packers (11-0) - I think they will run the table and win this years Super Bowl!
Here are the Week 12 from Tom Nappi Power Rankings, (#) - Last Week
If the Team is in Bold they are still mathematically in the playoff hunt, by the way you will notice only 4 teams out of it....WOW!
Power rankings are in order by teams that have best shot at the Super Bowl!
32-(32) Indianapolis Colts (0-10) - Peyton Manning may play this season.....but no point
31-(31) Minnesota Vikings (2-8) - Christian Ponder will be better as time goes on.
30-(25) St. Louis Rams (2-8) - Lloyd is a huge improvement, but still can't win.
29-(30) Carolina Panthers (2-8) - The Carolina Cam Newton's have a chance to beat you but probably won't if your team has any kind of offense.
28-(27) Jacksonville Jaguars (3-7) - Hanging on for dear life, most likely out. A pretty good season for Blaine Gabbert
27-(23) Arizona Cardinals (3-7) - Out of the division race, but an extremely slim wild card chance, a team with good pieces on offense but could never put it together.
26-(28) Washington Redskins (3-7) - Hanging on for dear life in the East, but playing awful. Rex Grossman got benched last week, Skins never seize to fall apart.
25-(26) Miami Dolphins (3-7) - No way in hell they win the division, but if they run the table they could open up a wild card spot. Dolphins have won 3 straight and Reggie Bush looks great.
24-(24) Seattle Seahawks (4-6) - Have won 2 straight, 49ers own the west, but if they somehow manage to run the table they could slide in to the playoffs, they should have a win this week against the Redskins.
23-(19) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-6) - 4 Losses in a row in the south with the Falcons and Saints, must run table for any hope what so ever...don't count on it.
22-(29) Cleveland Browns (4-6) - Potential for some upsets, no shot at playoffs but mathematically still in.
21-(21) Kansas City Chiefs (4-6) - In the AFC west but Matt Cassel is done for the season and so are the Chiefs.
20-(20) Buffalo Bills (5-5) - Very much alive but went from good to garbage in a span of 3 weeks.
19-(15) Cincinnati Bengals (6-4) - Andy Dalton is going to be fantastic in the future, but they still meet the Steelers and Ravens and there schedule is brutal....Get Em' Next Year!
18-(18) S.D. Chargers (4-6) - Very much alive in the new NFC West a.k.a. the AFC West, but 5 losses in a row, please don't tell me they could actually slip in after that!
17-(16) Tennessee Titans (5-5) - With Matt Schaub down, the Titans have a real chance to win the A.F.C. South with a reasonable schedule coming up and Matt Hasselbeck playing well.
16-(22) Philadelphia Eagles (4-6) - Vince Young and good defensive play may have resurrected the Eagles, the win over the Giants was HUGE, but the G-men played awful!
15-(14) Houston Texans (7-3) - Would be ranked a lot higher but Matt Schaub is gone and Matt Leinart is not really a great QB to rely on....Call Favre up!
14-(10) New York Jets (5-5) - Obviously a lot of talent, but they got T-Bowed last week and upcoming schedule is not too easy.
13-(17) Denver Broncos (5-5) - A real shot to win the West, only a game out and Tebow scares me, he can't throw too good but somehow wins games and proved he can beat good teams, plus the defense has played superb!
12-(13) Oakland Raiders (6-4) - Looking very good lately and may be a candidate for a playoff upset special if they manage to win the West over the Denver Tebows.
11-(6) Chicago Bears (7-3) - No Jay Cutler for the rest of the season really hurts, but the Bears no how to win using defense and a QB that can manage the game, QB Caleb Hanie does have big game experience and showed last year in the NFC championship he could put up some points, The Bears are also rumored to have brought back the recently waived QB Kyle Orton.
10-(11) Atlanta Falcons (6-4) - Have lost both games to the Saints this year, but always a threat with their strong running game and defense.
9-(8) New York Giants (6-4) - The Cowboys are getting red hot and the Giants are getting ice cold with 2 straight losses.
8-(12) Detroit Lions (7-3) - Tough Schedule coming up as they meet the Packers twice, thanksgiving will determine everything!!!
7-(9) Dallas Cowboys (6-4) - Tony Romo starting to look sharp, 3 straight wins heading into a thanksgiving battle with the Dolphins, Cowboys looking to be a huge threat after an awful start.
6-(7) Baltimore Ravens (7-3) - They are very unpredictable, one week they lost to the Seahawks, then the next week they beat the Steelers....I just don't know anymore.
5-(3) New Orleans Saints (7-3) - Looking very good but defense gives up a lot of points, but with Brees the Saints are always in Super Bowl contention.
4-(5) New England Patriots (7-3) - They have a pee-wee football schedule coming up that can lead them right to a bye week in the playoffs. Be careful or you might get GRONKED!
3-(2) Pittsburgh Steelers (7-3) - The only consistent team in the AFC, but certainly NOT a dominate force that can't be beaten, if they meet the Ravens in the playoffs look out!
2-(4) S.F. 49ers (9-1) - 8 Wins in a row, I have to rank them here, a monster of a game thanksgiving night against the Ravens that could chance everything but it is guaranteed the 49ers will win the NFC West unless they get hit by an asteroid.
1-(1) Green Bay Packers - Will they ever be beaten!!!! Close call with the Bucs last week but the key word is close, one of the most dominate teams I have ever seen! Between this season, last season and 2010 post season, the Packers have won 16 games in a row.
STAY TUNED TO THESE RANKINGS AFTER THANKSGIVING FOOTBALL AS THEY WILL CHANGE....PERHAPS DRASTICALLY
Here are the Week 11 from Tom Nappi Power Rankings, (#) - Last Week
32-(32) Indianapolis Colts (0-10) - Ranked Last for Obvious Reasons, ewww what a mess without Manning.
31-(27) Minnesota Vikings (2-7) - Not a threat to anyone really!!
30-(28) Carolina Panthers (2-7) - After getting crushed 30-3 against Titans, they really don't even seem like they have the potential for upset
29-(31) Cleveland Browns (3-6) - Hillis does not want to play without a new contract (injury my butt) = no offense
28-(23) Washington Redskins (3-6) - Looking worse and worse every week
27-(26) Jacksonville Jaguars (3-6) - A win this week against the Colts (are the Colts still an NFL Team?)
26-(29) Miami Dolphins (2-7) - Looked impressive this week 2 game winning streak!
25-(30) - St. Louis Rams (2-7) - Brandon Lloyd looks stunning and he is the reason you beat the Browns this week
24-(24) - Seattle Seahawks (3-6) - There is something wacky about this team, sometimes they get killed against crap teams, but other weeks they beat good teams like the Ravens...WOW what an upset special this week!
23-(25) - Arizona Cardinals (3-6) - John Skelton is the next Kurt Warner... no not really but nice win crapping on the Eagles and most likely ending their season.
22-(14) - Philadelphia Eagles (3-6) - Wow how wrong was I...What a joke, sorry Andy Reid I think your team is out and your job is gone.
21-(20) K.C. Chiefs (4-5) - You got beat by Tim Tebow but you beat Phillip Rivers??????? UH OH Cassel is lost for the season buh bye...well in the West you still never know.
20-(17) - Buffalo Bills (5-4) - A little bit better but still a fluke that will finish 8-8, 9-7, Cowboys crushed your dreams!
19-(19) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-5) - Another team that is good sometimes but sometimes just AWFUL. Albert Haynesworth will help you to the Super Bowl....NOT
18-(16) San Diego Chargers (4-5) - What a joke...best Roster on Paper, awful team on the field
17-(21) - Denver Broncos (4-5) - Tim Tebow is here...Praise the Lord!
16-(18) - Tennessee Titans - Still continues to look pretty good, but you need to look real good to beat the Texans for the South. Has a legit chance to win the South now that Schaub is gone for the season....LOOK OUT THE TITANS ARE COMING!
15-(13) - Cincinnati Bengals (6-3) - Still for real but has not beat anyone good, so I can't rank them too high.
14-(12) - Houston Texans (7-3) - Surprise team of the year, has a real chance at doing damage to any team, 4 game winning streak without Andre Johnson....unreal! OOPS Had to me these guys down because QB Matt Schaub is out for the Season....and Titans will win the division!
13-(21) - Oakland Raiders (5-4) - Has serious potential to win the West and upset someone in the playoffs!
12-(8) - Detroit Lions (6-3) - Your division rival Bears murdered you...what do you expect, semi-serious contender!
11-(6) Atlanta Falcons (5-4) - Tough Loss to the Saints, but is in real danger of missing the playoffs now.
10-(9) New York Jets (5-4) - Patriots won the season series and you are in danger of missing the playoffs...REX LOOK OUT
9-(15) Dallas Cowboys (5-4) - Tony you are so not going to win a Super Bowl anytime soon but your team is threatening for the NFC East.
8-(3) New York Giants (6-3) - So Shhhhhakkkky, Need to be able to beat good teams back to back and hasn't proven to be able to do so
7-(2) Baltimore Ravens (6-3) - What the hell is wrong with the Ravens, how do you lose to the Seahawks....Flacco is too inconsistent for me.
6-(11) - Chicago Bears (6-3) - Looking scary good, If you beat the Eagles and Giants back to back you deserve to be here...4 straight wins and the defense and O-Line looks fantastic
5-(10) - New England Patriots (6-3) - Outstanding offense and great defense against the Jets, but show me more defensively. The Pats have 7 easy games coming up to cap off the season and should clinch a bye week in the playoffs!!!
4-(7) San Francisco 49ers (8-1) - 2nd Best Record in the league...Looked real good against the Giants but I still need to see more wins against tough teams....Defense has given up least amount of points in the league (138), that is unreal!!!
3-(5) - New Orleans Saints (7-3) - Nice win against Atlanta...but can they play consistent against good teams? Saints have scored most points in the NFL (313) but given up most points in the NFC (228).
2-(4) - Pittsburgh Steelers (7-3) - Took down the Bengals this week and 4-1 in their last 5, right now looking like best all around team in AFC for now, but look out for the Texans.
1-(1) Green Bay Packers (9-0) - The Life of a Cheese Head is great right now. 2011 Super Bowl Champions and undefeated heading into an easy win Monday Night with the Vikings, won't move Packers until someone actually beats them.
Here are the Week 10 NFL Power Rankings as we are at the midpoint of the NFL season game wise!
(Rankings based on teams least to most likely to win in the playoffs!)
32) Indianapolis Colts (0-9) - No Peyton Manning + Peyton Manning System = No Team
31) Cleveland Browns (3-5) - Their only offense is Peyton Hillis and he is a mess this season, Colt McCoy is not so good
30) St. Louis Rams (1-7) - Rams got 1 fluke win against the Saints all season long, although Brandon Lloyd provides hope, but you lost to the awful Cardinals this week.
29) Miami Dolphins (1-7) - They beat the overrated Kansas City Chiefs this week
28) Carolina Panthers (2-6) - If you can't handle the Vikings this season, you deserve to be ranked no higher than this.
27) Minnesota Vikings (2-6) - No Donovan McNabb makes the Vikings a tad better, although Christian Ponder is going to get crushed against the Packers next Monday
26) Jacksonville Jaguars (2-6) - Blaine Gabbert looks to be getting better and better... but only 2 wins
25) Arizona Cardinals (2-6) - Kevin Kolb, Larry Fitzgerald, Early Doucet = Good, the other 50 players = Bad
24) Seattle Seahawks (2-6) - Potential to upset some good teams, but potential to lose the rest of the season
23) Washington Redskins (3-5) - Strong start, but now playing like we all expected....BAD 4 losses in a row
22) Denver Broncos (3-5) - TIM TEBOW BRINGS HOPE, I doubted he would but they beat Oakland this week, but Tebow still can't throw
21) Oakland Raiders (4-4) - This team is like a seesaw you never know what the hell you will get
20) Kansas City Chiefs (4-4) - They lost to the Dolphins after beating the Chargers...potential but fluke team
19) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-4) - Josh Freeman is just soooo shaky this season, but still a chance at a playoff spot....no not really
18) Tennessee Titans (4-4) - I give the Titans credit there only offensive threat sucks but they still manage to play sub-par football
17) Buffalo Bills (5-3) - Much better this year, but still won't keep up with the elite
16) San Diego Chargers (4-4) - Decent QB, Awful Coaching and pretty good team in general = flukiest team in the NFL
15) Dallas Cowboys (4-4) - Tony Romo = Can't win the big game
14) Philadelphia Eagles (3-5) - After Awful start, they at least started to look a little and i mean very little like the dream team they call themselves, but as the Bears showed Monday Night, Pressure Vick and you will beat them.
13) Cincinnati Bengals (6-2) - These guys are for real and Andy Dalton will be better than Carson Palmer, I will move them way up in the Power Rankings if they beat the Steelers this week.
12) Houston Texans (6-3) - Good job winning 3 in a row without Andre Johnson, not a team to be taken lightly.
11) Chicago Bears (5-3) - Jay Cutler looks much better this year and so does the O-Line but as far as making the playoffs with the Packers and Lions in your division, it may be tight but after beating the so called "Dream Team" Eagles they are a huge threat! Jay Cutler and Brian Urlacher are out for heads!
10) New England Patriots (5-3) - Good offense...usually but the worst passing defense in the league, they still could pull a rabbit out of the hat of course with the Belichick/Brady Combo but god please get a G.M. that can actually evaluate talent.
9) New York Jets (5-3) - Defense finally stepping it up and Mark Sanchez sucks passing deep but can manage the game if the run game comes through and in the last 3 weeks Jets are back to winning at their style of football.
8) Detroit Lions (6-2) - Scary good defense and a very good offense, one of the deepest and underrated rosters in the NFL...They are for real
7) San Francisco 49ers (7-1) - 6 wins in a row and will easily run away with the NFC west...Alex Smith finally looking good as expected, however 1 loss all year does not mean anything, their schedule is very weak. Huge game with major implications this week with Detroit coming up at home!
6) Atlanta Falcons (5-3) - Starting to show signs of looking like the NFC Super Bowl team all the big time so called experts expected.
5) New Orleans Saints (6-3) - Great offense, no defense, but knows how to win, and should find a playoff spot in the NFC
4) Pittsburgh Steelers (6-3) - Good team all around as usual, but Baltimore has their number.
3) New York Giants (6-2) - I hate to say it but Eli Manning is looking like a top 5 quarterback and the receiving core and running game even without Bradshaw and Nicks still looks amazing. Defense is great as well despite a boatload of injuries...deep roster
2) Baltimore Ravens (6-2) - Looking like they have the potential to be the AFC Super Bowl contender as long as Flacco can manage the game and put some points on the board.
1) Green Bay Packers (8-0) - Undefeated, last years Super Bowl champions and Aaron Rodgers is by far the best QB in the league this year....enough said!
READ MORE TO SEE HOW CRAIG D'ALESSANDRO RANKS EM!
NFL Week 6
Bills - 24 Giants - 27
Colts - 17 Bengals - 27
Jaguars - 13 Steelers - 17
Eagles - 20 Redskins - 13
49ers - 25 Lions - 19
Rams - 3 Packers - 24
Panthers - 17 Falcons - 31
Browns - 17 Raiders - 24
Texans - 14 Ravens - 29
Saints - 20 Bucs - 26
Dallas - 16 Pats - 20
Vikings - 10 Bears - 39
Dolphins - 6 Jets - 24
Take a look at these final scores and read more for Craig's Power Rankings and all the Latest News about your favorite NFL Team!
NFL Week 5
Bills - 31 Eagles - 24
Chiefs - 28 Colts - 24
Cardinals - 10 Vikings - 34
Seahawks - 36 Giants - 25
Titans - 17 Steelers - 38
Saints - 30 Panthers - 27
Bengals - 30 Jaguars - 20
Raiders - 25 Texans - 20
Bucs - 3 49ers - 48
Chargers - 29 Broncos - 24
Jets - 21 Patriots - 30
Packers - 25 Falcons - 14
Bears - 13 Lions - 24
Take a look at these final scores and read more for Craig's Power Rankings and all the Latest News about your favorite NFL Team!
NFL Week 4
Panthers - 29 Bears - 34
Bills - 20 Bengals - 23
Titans - 31 Cleveland - 13
Detroit- 34 Cowboys - 30
Vikings - 17 Chiefs - 22
Redskins - 17 Rams - 10
49ers - 24 Eagles - 23
Saints - 23 Jaguars - 10
Steelers - 10 Texans - 17
Giants - 31 Cardinals - 27
Falcons - 30 Seahawks - 28
Denver - 23 Packers - 49
Patriots - 31 Raiders - 19
Dolphins - 16 Chargers - 26
Jets - 17 Ravens - 34
Colts - 17 Bucs - 24
Take a look at these final scores and read more for Craig's Power Rankings and all the Latest News about your favorite NFL Team!
NFL Week 3
Patriots - 31 Bills - 34
S.F. 49ers - 13 Cincinatti - 8
Miami - 16 Cleveland - 17
Denver - 14 Titans - 17
Detroit - 26 Minnesota - 23
Houston - 33 New Orleans - 40
NY Giants - 29 Eagles - 16
Jacksonville - 10 Carolina - 16
NY Jets - 24 Oakland - 34
Baltimore - 37 St. Louis - 7
K.C. Chiefs - 17 S.D. Chargers - 20
Green Bay - 27 Chicago - 17
Arizona - 10 Seattle - 13
Atlanta - 13 Tampa Bay - 16
Pittsburgh - 23 Indianapolis - 20
Washington - 16 Dallas - 18
Take a look at these final scores and read more for Craig's Power Rankings and all the Latest News about your favorite NFL Team!
Week 3 was yet another crazy week with the unexpected Redskins, Lions and Bills at 2-0, there is sure to be some interesting changes in our NFL expert Craig Alessandro's Power Rankings this week. Be sure to give this a read to find out where the teams rank heading into week 4 and also for injury updates on NFL players that may be on your favorite team or fantasy team *cough* *cough* Michael Vick.
WARNING: BIG CHANGES FROM WEEK 2 HAVE OCCURRED IN THESE POWER RANKINGS
READ MORE TO FIND OUT!
A crazy week of Football to kick off the NFL Regular Season. Some QB named Tom Brady threw for 517 yards to help the Pats crush the Dolphins 38-24, Sebastian Janikowski nailed a 63 yard field goal in the Raiders 23-20 victory over the Broncos. The Colts Kerry Collins experiment failed miserably after the Texans just man handled the Colts 34-7. Cam Newton in his first ever game in the NFL threw for 422 yards for the Panthers, but Carolina still found a way to lose to Kevin Kolb and the Arizona Cardinals. The Detroit Lions upset last years cinderella story Tampa Bay Buccaneers 27-20, and last but certainly not least, the upset of the week REX GROSSMAN and the Washington Redskins upset the New York FOOTBALL Giants 28-14.
After a week of madness read more to find out where our NFL expert Craig D' Alessandro has them ranked!
Ladies and Gentlemen the B4 of the B4 Alternative has made his NFL predictions and they can be seen right here if you choose to read more, he has been a heavy favorite of the Lions in the past, but does he see the Lions doing damage this year? Read More to find out and catch the B4 Alternative on the look 24/7 this Thursday to find out! Also to compare reflect upon Joey, Tom's and Craig's Power Rankings. This week on the Sports Blast 8-10pm/est on the Look we will be talking about all these power rankings and how they compare plus much more!
Check Out Craig D'Alessandro's NFL Power Rankings here, Craig has been a Sports Analyst at multiple radio stations for 3 years now and we are proud to have a great expert here at MA Sports Web.
Is Craig Mad about Phillip Rivers or does he think Phillip Rivers will Get mad at the result of the season?
Check out his Rankings and see where he thinks teams will finish then look back at Tom's and Joey's picks and see what the other experts think, more staff power rankings coming soon!
Read More to see where Craig has them!
The Massachusetts Sports Web Owner Tom Nappi gives his NFL Power Rankings. Who will finish number 1! This may be the answer you are looking for! As a Massachusetts native Tom is a Patriots fan but when it comes to his predictions he may have not seen them as numero uno, Read More to find out!